"A vegan? What the fuck is that?"

semi smut warning: just a light amount

Billie

Everything was a blur. Every single thing that happened within this moment, became a foreign memory. I had no recollection of what previously happened. One minute I was hugging Finneas, missing my brother. Then I was back to hating him all over again, because of his big ass mouth. Having his mouth where he shouldn't.

"You sir, I'm gonna have to ask you to leave." I hear Marissa speak to Finneas from behind me. I had no focus of anything that was going on around me. I wiped the blood from my mouth, getting a little taste of it as I licked my lips.

I oddly enough, liked the taste of the metal lingered in blood.

The only thing that had me in focus to the real world, is when I heard Maya say my name. When she said my name it pulled me right in like a magnet. It was quite profound, it was like she broke me out of my trance.

She only broke through it a little bit, but it shocked me when she did.

"Billie are you okay?" My thoughts were interrupted by Rosa jumping into a situation she sure as hell didn't need to get into.

I looked up slightly to see Maya watching Rosa walk towards me. She had something in her eyes, but I couldn't quite read it. I looked back down and had my fists clenched next to me. The anger didn't completely wear off.

I felt Rosa's hand touch my arm and that's not who I wanted to comfort me in that moment. I didn't know who I wanted comfort from, but it wasn't her.

"Fuck off Rosa." I remove my arm from her grip and I start to walk into the mansion, to lock myself right back into my room.

Maya

I conversed with Robert more as the visit went on. My mind came back to that fight that had happened earlier.

I didn't understand who Billie was fighting with, and I didn't understand why she was fighting with him in the first place. I kept fighting with my own head about the situation trying to push the thought away, but it wouldn't go away.

Robert and I said our goodbyes and the smell from him lingered on in my mind. I had a profound feeling of missing him when his figure disappeared from my eyes.

3 months, Maya. It'll go by like that and you'll be with Robert and have a chance to make things right.

4 days later

"Maya, I need to you take this food to Billie. She needs to eat and she won't come out of her room." Harold handed me a plate of potatoes, green beans, and chicken.

At this point I had not heard from Billie or seen Billie unless she was at the meetings and, of course, she never spoke. She looked rough when I seen her, she looked like she never got sleep. She was on mute. She was on mute from anyone and everyone.

"Ok will do Harold."

"Thanks kid." He patted me on the shoulder and I began to walk into the corridor up the stairs, with the plate full of food in my hands.