I'm Keeping You

Students chatter in front of the school, in small groups that easily divided into their cliques. A student on a skateboard weaves between the groups, executing a small trick, but as he looks up he's stunned to find Conner walking in front of him. "Aah!" there was no crash. "Hey!" his skateboard clatters to the ground. Conner holds him by the collar of his jacket, which disorientates the helmet-wearing teen a bit. "Ugh," realizing that he is, in fact, three feet off the ground he looks at Conner, floored. "whoa!"

Conner lifts him up a little higher, bringing the logo near his eye level. "Explain this." he snarls, pointing directly at it.

The helmet-wearing teen is extremely confused. "Ugh, whoa, what?"

"What's your problem?" Conner turns to find a buff male with his arm over the shoulders of a petite cheerleader. His own shirt having the lighter pallet Superman colors on it. Behind him is a boy wearing a dark pallet Superman shirt, and another wearing a Green Lantern top. "Put my man Marvin down." the taller teen says lowly, clearly expecting a fight.

"Uh, I don't think he likes my shirt." Marvin tries to comprehend the issue while still three feet from the ground.

Nico rolls his eyes, "Just chill out, everyone."

Conner looks around. Seeing quite a few more people have stepped up, a Flash and reverse Batman logo joining the mix. "Your shirt's fine. Everyone's shirt is fine." he says tensely.

"Ugh." is all Marvin can manage as he's suddenly dropped.

"Someone's fine." the cheerleader muses, sarcastically, as her boyfriend walks towards Conner.

M'gann faces no one as she finally introduces them. "Hi. We're new. I'm Megan Morse. This is Conner Kent, and this is..."

"Double alliteration. I like it." Marvin tells the girl, both of them watching Conner walk towards the other teen, meanwhile Marvin turns to Nico, "What's your name?"

"Nico Di Angelo." Nico says, slightly timid.

"There's no need to be scared - I don't bite." Marvin chuckles.

Nico shrugged, "I've never been to school before - except for less than six months of military school. I uh.. don't know what expect."

Marvin chuckles, "Homeschooled kid, huh? Well, I'm sure it'll work out!"

Conner and the other boy both stop, staring each other down, though Conner admittedly has to look up to do that. The entire group stares at them.

Someone snaps their fingers. "Okay. Time to get to homeroom, gang." the voice belongs to a lackadaisical blonde with long hair and a black jacket.

The darker skinned boy that Conner stared down purposefully shoulder checks the clone on his way in.

Conner glares and turns to follow him, but M'gann calls out "Conner." and physically gets in his way.

Conner grumbles lowly everyone starts heading in, though his eyes are on the tallest of the bunch.

"Hi. I'm Wendy." a ravenette steps up to the two, Marvin by her side. "I was new last year, so I know how hard it is to fit in. But you look like instant Bumblebee material to me." both Megan and Conner seem confused. "Cheerleaders. The Bumblebees. Tryouts are after school."

Megan gasps in realization, gaining a bright smile. "Thanks. I'll be there." then steps up to follow Wendy to get more information.

Conner is set to follow her, but Marvin puts his hand in front of him. "Dude. Facing down Mal Duncan? Fierce." he tells Conner. "Not too bright, but fierce."