Ready For School?

Mount Justice

September 7th

6:41 am

Inside the 'garage' of the mountain, Superboy works on a red motorcycle, as Sphere whirs behind him. Then moves irritably behind him as he ignores it.

"Jealous much?" Superboy taunts.

Sphere beeps irritably as it spins around in circles then gets close to Superboy.

"All right, all right." Superboy appeases, patting Sphere.

Nico huffs from his place next to the zetabeams, "Can we go yet?" Though his tone was annoyed, his frequent movement portrayed his excitement.

"Ready for school?" M'gann calls out as she flies down the hall, then bypassing the stairs with two paper bags in her hand. "I made our lunches." Red Tornado, Kaldur, and Manhunter follow her.

"Hades yeah." A smile crossed Nico's lips.

"The first day of the scholastic season carries great cultural resonance. We want to wish you both well." Manhunter tells the three of them, as Superboy stands up. Even Kaldur gives them a smile.

"Thanks..." Nico muttered, a barely noticeable blush adorning his cheeks as he recalled his talk with his caretaker.

---

Nico walked out of the bathroom wearing black jeans, a black shirt, and an aviator jacket he had insisted on keeping and fixing. He had a skull ring on his finger, and his sword in ring form (courtesy of one of the league's magic users). Black Canary smiled proudly at him, and crouched down to adjust his outfit.

"There we go." She said, fixing the collar of his jacket, "You look ready... now are you actually ready?"

Nico thought of the past few months, getting caught, meeting the team, saving people, being saved, and finding himself, and he said, "Yeah.... I am." He meant it.

"I'm so proud of you." She smiled, and went to hug him, but paused. She knew he still had a slight fear of physical contact.

Nico hugged her, "Thank you." He knew that he was okay when it was her - his mom in everything but blood.

---

"You may wish to... change before you depart." Kaldur offers the two.

"Ah, I spent hours choosing this outfit." she changes into black flats, white knee high socks, a burgundy skirt, a white top, and a burgundy short sweater. "What do you think? Can M'gann M'orzz pass as an Earth girl now?"

"Well..." Kaldur offers hesitantly.

"Just kidding." she assures, turning her skin tone from green to caucasian. "Meet Megan Morse." she does a small spin and a curtsy. "What's your new name?"

Superboy's eyes go wide. "My what?"

"I chose the name John Jones for myself." Manhunter changes to a bald dark skinned man in a suit. "And suggested John Smith for Red Tornado. You could be a John too."

"Pass." Superboy shoots down, crossing his arms.

"What about... Ajax? He's a famous demigod. I've heard good things about him. He's described as strong, tall, and courageous. Fits you well."

Superboy shook his head, "Sounds too foreign."

"Conner's always been my favorite name." M'gann offers, grabbing the arm and shoulder closest to her.

Superboy paused, smiled, and nodded.

"A last name will also be required." Kaldur informs him.

"Perhaps Kent?" J'ohnn offers.

"Oh, in memory of Dr. Fate, the late Kent Nelson." M'gann says brightly.

"Of course." J'ohnn murmurs, changing back to avoid the look of surprise on his face.

"Okay, sure. I guess it'd be an honor or something." Superboy grumbles.

"Well, Conner Kent, time to change your shirt." M'gann teases but stops when she sees Conner grab the shirt's logo. "You don't wanna reveal your identity." she tells him tapping the logo.

His face gives nothing away as he suddenly reaches back and pulls on the collar of his shirt, taking it off with no shame. M'gann's eyes go wide for a moment and only relax as a heavy blush settles on her cheeks.

"Ugh, will this work?" Conner offers his inside out shirt.

M'gann half swoons. "Works for me." she says clearly star-struck.

"Okay, Megan and Conner." Nico sighed in annoyance, "Are we going to go or what?"

"Oi, shouldn't I be Conner Nelson?" Conner questions as he slips his shirt back on and M'gann follows him, their lunches following them.

"They grow up so fast." Manhunter muses.

Black Canary nods coming up behind him, "Agreed." They share a knowing smile.