✰•cloudy picnics•✰

..

I m a g i n e : You and Finn going on a picnic together by the lake, but it starts raining and you two just enjoy it..

[ fluff  ! ]

Word Count :

f e a t u r i n g :  Oakes Fegley

︾❀︾

it was a crisp, sunny morning when you awoke to the rays of light beaming through your bedroom window.

instinctively, you turned onto your side to the other cold, empty half of the bed.

it was another morning where you would wake up cold, without the feeling of your boyfriend's arms draped around your waist protectively under the covers with your back snuggled into him.

without the feeling of his steady breathing while he slept—the feeling of every breath hitting your neck with a chill as his face buried into your hair.

it was saturday, the day finn was set to come home to you from filming for the last two months without seeing him.
you reached to check your phone, and saw 3 messages from finn.

f i n n i e 🥰 : rise and shine, babe

f i n n i e 🥰 : got some bad news..

f i n n i e 🥰 : i won't be able to make it back home today, filming isn't wrapped up yet. i'll be at least another 5 days..

you blinked disbelievingly at your screen, slightly mad but mostly just disappointed and sad.
you had been waiting what seemed like forever to see your boyfriend, and you wished you would see him sooner.

you : good morning..

you : what..??

you : i wish you were coming sooner..

f i n n i e 🥰 : i'm so sorry, babe.

f i n n i e 🥰 : i'll make it up to you, i promise but rn i gtg back on set.

f i n n i e 🥰 : i love you ❤️

you : i love you too..

to be perfectly honest, your entire day seemed a bit duller now.
the sun's youthful rays seemed to find refuge behind large gray clouds in the sulking sky.

you didn't have much motivation to get out of bed anymore, and found it useless to greet the day when the reason you were going to isn't coming.

as you sulked alone, your phone vibrated with an incoming call from one of your best friends, oakes.

"hello?"
you answered, your voice sounded raspy from having just woken up.

"hey, y/n—is something wrong..?"

"what? no..no, i'm fine."
you stuttered, not wanting to burden your friend with your problems of being lovesick.