✰•you did this pt.2•✰

P A R T  2

I m a g i n e: You used to be in a toxic relationship with Finn, and he hurt you on some occasions, but nonetheless, you couldn't seem to stop loving him.
  After years of being broken up with Finn and living your own life, you bump into him again.
  Only this time, he's lost his memory of you.

You and Finn are 18-19 years old.

Warning: mentions of domestic violence & abuse

Word Count: 1023

[ C O N T I N U E D ] : ↴

︾❀︾

The amount of time it took to bury all your feelings and pain deep down inside you was exhausting.

And you were so close to gaining complete peace with your past, before he returned.

You parked your Impala in the sandy gravel parking lot at the beach, exiting your car before making your way to your trunk, taking off your shoes before placing them inside.

You stripped down your clothes, because you already had your red bathing suit on underneath your clothing.

"So, that's your post over there?"
Finn asked, slamming your car door shut before joining you at your trunk as he pointed to the tall lifeguard stand.

"Yeah. Get paid to sit there, but I mostly just sit down on the sand below the chair. I don't like having to jump down 10 stories just to save a person from drowning."
You joked, not realizing that you weren't even smiling.

Finn smiled as he followed you through the sand, to report to your post.

You brought your whistle along with you as you sat down on the sand, laying out a towel before sitting down, but not having two towels, Finn sat beside you.

You and Finn just sat there, looking out into the sunset as Finn's gaze wandered over to you.

The silence was short lived as Finn and you began talking, as if you two hadn't been apart for years.

You two talked for what seemed like hours, just catching up with each other's lives although Finn couldn't remember some of it.

It felt like a date, and to be honest, you didn't know how to feel about it.

But you were enjoying yourself for the first time in years, laughing your ass off like the old days.

Only Finn could make you feel that way.

"I think the beach is one of my favorite spots to be. It's just so hypnotizing."
Finn said, a smile growing on his face as he spoke about the things he liked.

You smiled at his sweet comment.

Smiled.

You actually genuinely smiled for the first time in years.

"You've grown up a lot, man."
You said, as you felt your cheeks rise in color when he stared at you, his arms in the sand, propping himself up.