✰•poetry•✰

I m a g i n e : Finn trying to write you love poems when he finds out that you're into poetry..

Word Count: 846

︾❀︾

Finn sat on his bed, his back leaning against the bedframe with a pencil and notebook in his hands, tapping the pencil on his teeth as he thought about what to write.

He smiled as he remembered the last time he saw you; in English class.

You and Finn had been partnered up for a project that included writing a romance story through a poem, and while Finn and you never really got to talk a lot in class, he was always observing you from afar.

/ F l a s h b a c k /

"Hey, I'm Y/N, by the way."
You said with a smile as you were seated next to him at his desk.
Your smile was enough for him to melt.

He couldn't believe that he got partnered up with his crush: you.

"I-I'm Finn. Lots of people already know me because I'm an-.."

"An actor. I know. I watch some of your shows but it doesn't necessarily me that I actually know you. But we can get to know each other."
You were oddly calm for talking to a celebrity, but Finn found that comforting.
Usually the only reason people would talk to him was because he's 'famous.'

"So, where are you from?"

"Oh, Vancouver. What about you?"
Finn was still surprised that you could make him feel at such ease.

Your aroma was so calming to him, the way your hair flowed off your shoulders and the way your cheeks cracked when you smiled at him.

The way your eyes sparkled when you spoke about the things you loved, and where you've lived.

Apparently, you loved poetry, and thought it was a romantic form of writing which is why you were excited for this project.

And to be partnered with your crush, no less.

And after that class period was over and your conversation with Finn was interrupted by the bell, you were both disappointed, wishing for more time to talk to each other.

"Hey, let me give you my number."
You offered, not being able to help the blush rising in your cheeks when you saw Finn nod excitedly, his curls bouncing in front of his eyes.

After exchanging numbers, you two set up a time and place to meet up for Starbucks.

"It's a date, then."
You stated, hoping that that's what it really was.

And Finn agreed.

/ E N D of F L A S H B A C K /

"Ugh. Dude, what rhymes with Y/N?"
Finn asked Jack G. as Finn ran a hand through his curly hair, trying to think.

"What?"
Jack asked with a chuckle as he continued to work on the Algebra homework.

"Come on, man. You gotta help me out, what rhymes with Y/N?"
Finn pleaded, his eyes swirling with hope to impress you with his poetic 'skills.'

You and Finn were still in the 'impress the girl' stage where Finn felt like he had to win you over with a poem that he was trying to write.

You two weren't official yet although you had gone on a couple dates with him, but he hoped that you would soon be in a relationship.

"Why do you—..dude, we're supposed to be studying for our Algebra quiz tomorrow, why are you trying to rhyme?"
Jack asked, shutting his binder closed as he smacked his pencil on top of it.

"She said she thinks that poems are romantic or something like that. I-i want to write her one."
Finn stuttered, tapping his pencil impatiently against his notebook.

Jack smirked, "You—you're trying to write a love letter? For Y/N?"
He asked, a bit disbelievingly.

"Yeah, now come on. Can't you rhyme, Mr. top-of-the-English-class Grazer?"
Finn said, shaking his head as Jack chuckled.

"Dude, just write what comes to mind. I'm no poet."
Jack admitted, shrugging as he slid off of Finn's bed.

"Ugh, that was no help."
Finn complained as he gnawed at the eraser on his pencil in determination.

Until he thought of a few things.
Finn quickly scrawled out a few of his jumbling thoughts onto the paper, before he forgot.

"Hey, Jack what do you think about this?"
Finn asked, handing the notebook to Jack to read over.

' You are the finest, loveliest, tenderest, and most beautiful person I have ever known—and even that is an understatement.'

"None of these words rhyme with Y/N."
Jack joked, handing the notebook paper back to Finn who snatched it away, glaring at him.

"I really hope she likes it.."
Finn mumbled hopefully, mostly to himself.

And you did like it.

In fact, you loved it.

Because 3 months later..

376,800 likesfinnwolfhardofficial happy 3 months, babe

376,800 likes
finnwolfhardofficial happy 3 months, babe..💗

———
View all 4,896 comments
———

[your_username] 🥰😘
milliebobbybrown AHH i ship it!! welcome to the family, y/n!!
noahschnapp where have you been Finn, i turn around for one second and all of a sudden YOU GOT A GF WTH
jackdgrazer you're welcome dude..im a love doctor

»»————-  ————-««