✰•nightmares•✰

..

I m a g i n e : Having a nightmare in the middle of the night, but Finn helps you back to sleep..

[ cute fluff ! ]

Word Count : 2186

︾❀︾

you and finn had never been anything more but really close friends, despite your hidden and buried feelings for one another.

finn was a popular actor, always being tossed around from movie set to different filming locations.
he was your best friend, so when you heard that he was making a pitstop at your house, you were really excited.

your families had been close friends for years, so they trusted finn to sleep in your room in the same bed like you two used to when you were kids.

but finn had always been a quiet and down-to-earth kind of guy, with a sense of humor and a smile that always had you smiling as well.

that's part of the reason you fell so hard for him. you two had great chemistry from your childhood, and you had feelings for him, but you would never admit that.

you two knew each other very well, so it was no surprise when he didn't talk much to you or showed much emotion for that matter.

but you couldn't lie.

it hurt to see someone show no emotion whatsoever when you hadn't seen them in forever.

it hurt to see that finn didn't seem all that excited to see you, and you didn't understand why.

so it was an awkward situation when your mother asked where he would be sleeping.

"alright, what's the sleeping arrangements for tonight gonna look like?"
your mom asked, setting down her wine glass after taking a sip before looking across the table at you all.

finn sat across from you, his eyes glancing around the table through his curls before they landed on you.
he stared at you with intense admiration when you weren't looking, and always averted his gaze from you whenever you looked towards his direction.

there was no doubt that the feelings you had for finn were mutual.
he felt the same about you, but with all his work and constant business, he was just too distracted to see that.

now that things are slowed down—for tonight anyways—he got the chance to catch up with his thoughts and emotions.

it was odd—the way you two danced around the fact that everyone except you two could see that there was feelings shared between finn and you.

"how about eric and i sleep in the guest room, and finn can sleep in y/n's room..? like old times—.."
finn's mother began to propose the idea before she was cut short by finn.

"i'll sleep on the couch."
he stated, his eyes flickered between his dinner plate and you with your blushing complexion at his mother's idea.

he smiled to himself thinly.
he found your embarrassment cute.

"a-are you sure? i mean, you always talk on about how it's uncomfortable—.."