The end

Kieran ^^^^^^^

song of the chapter: Hurt, Christina Aguilar

Eva's POV

The next few days were a blur, to be perfectly honest i don't even remember them. I'm pretty sure I attacked Blake and chase more than once since I'd determined it was one of them that had.....had.....

Today was the day we buried his body, it had only been two days and Kieran had said it wasn't painful for him, quick and painless but I knew without a doubt that was a lie. I felt the bullet lodging itself in his skull. Funny enough they hadn't staked him, they said none of them had the heart to do it. Kinda beautiful right? To make things worse I'd had to mate with the guys yesterday. It was amazing and I could practically feel my love for them growing but I couldn't help but feel a part of me was missing. Chase assured me it was natural and this is how he felt after he lost Iris but then again, he hadn't mated with Iris like I had with Chase.

Knocking myself out of the dark and depressing thoughts I stared out into the fields. I was sitting on the porch on the outside bench, swinging back and forth peacefully. I absent mindedly rubbed my stomach, tracing the outline of my belly button. The black dress I was wearing hung loosely on my body unflatteringly. My hair was tied in a lose pony-tail that looked messy and unkempt, my eyes were dull and lifeless, much like Tates had been when he looked at me for the last time. I hadn't bothered to put on makeup since there was no point, It would just run down my face when I saw his body getting lowered into the ground.

I felt the bench swing a little more than it was before and looked over my shoulder at the person who had sat next to me. I scoffed and just went back to rubbing my stomach and looking out at the fields, the funeral cars would be here soon, no need for conversation.

"Eva, I know you don't want to talk but I'd just like to say, I'm sorry. For everything, maybe this was my fault I don't know but I should've known what i was doing was wrong. I hope one day you can forgive me for what I have done to you my luna" I was shocked to say the least. I looked at her again and then noticed she looked completely different. The ten layers of tan she had on when i last saw her was gone, her hair was back to its original black colour, no makeup was on her face and you could actually see her brown eyes. This was the real Jamie-Lynn. When she saw me looking at her she faintly smiled and turned towards me. She wasn't dressed scantily, in fact she looked classy, her was not unkempt like mine but instead just hang limply at her sides. Her dress was down to her knees and like mine didn't show any figure or skin.

"I know you'll never forgive me but maybe one day we could go back to being friends, like we used to be." Now it was my time to smile, once upon a time me and Jamie were friends, back when she was just Jamie and not Jamie-Lynn. When we got to middle school that all changed though, she found the popular crowd and I on the other hand found Emma and the other inbetweeners of the school.

"It's not your fault Jamie-Lynn, in fact you didn't do anything wrong, Tate was determined to make me hate him. He thought it was what was best for me. You couldn't have known what he was doing." She frowned and dropped her stare to her knees, twiddling her thumbs.

"I would have known if i payed a little bit more attention. We lost your dad and all I was concerned about was making you jealous" She laughed a sad laugh and stopped messing with her hands, looking out at the fields like i had been doing moments before.

"You grew up and I guess I never did. You were always so happy and bubbly and when we got to high school I realized what I'd done to you. I'd cut you out of my life completely for popularity and when I tried to talk to you, you were always busy with Emma. I was jealous of your friendship. She had taken my place.And I guess I didn't like that." I now started to see where she was coming from, when i was a freshman she had tried to talk to me but I just thought she had came over to insult me or hit on Bradley so I ignored her.