No longer safe

Demetria Collins ^^^^

Not edited

Kieran's POV

I sat in the medical room in the pack house silently. Looking at my feet and swinging them back and forth. Eva was busy petting Tates hair and humming a lullaby, I still didn't know what was wrong with him. Was he stable or was he dying? Frankly I didn't give a shit. It was amazing how easily everything that Tate did wrong was forgotten. I mean come on, he cheated on our mate, caused her so much heartache that she didn't even fight back when she was taken and was there when her father was brutally murdered fucking a girl. But oh no, since he's been hurt it doesn't matter! all is forgotten. I can't believe this. All I want is for me, Blake, chase and Scott to have our mate to ourselves without Tate messing everything up. But of course that can't happen. Nothing ever goes right.

I stood up from my seat and walked over to Eva, rubbing her shoulders in comfort.

"There there baby, he'll wake up soon I know it"

She tore her eyes away from him and glanced up at me. I'd like to say she still looked gorgeous but in all honesty she was a wreck. Her usual tan skin was pale and lifeless, her eyes remained bloodshot from all the crying she had done the past month. Nevertheless she was my beautiful little mate.

"He-he's not g-gonna be the same" she stuttered, tears brimming her eyes .

I knelt down to her level and pulled her into my chest, brushing her hair with my hands while she cried into my shirt.

"Sh sh sh, hush now little one. He's gonna be fine, whatever happens we'll be there for him. No matter what."

She kept on crying until eventually her tears stopped streaking down her face and her cries turned into silent sobs and hiccups. I attempted to pick her up but failed when she turned back towards Tate and held his hand again, never looking away from him.

Sighing, I walked out of the room. she needed some time with him not me. At least for now anyway, soon she would be ready to mate with us. man, was I looking forward to that day. But the real question was, who would be her first and who's pup would be her first born?

I shook my head dismissing the worry that barred my face. This wasn't the time to think about that. Right now I had to talk to the queen.

I walked up to jakes office and opened the door without knocking, the atmosphere inside seemed tense and no one spoke. Jake sat behind his desk while Blake, Scott and chase sat besides him. Emma and Bryan were stood to the left of the spacious room, staring at the sofa in the centre of the room were two people sat.

"Are we just gonna sit here comparing dick sizes or are we gonna talk?" Said the small blonde sitting with her legs crossed looking directly at the boys.

Jake sighed and put his head in his hands and resting on his desk.

"Well the question on all of our minds is what to do with Tate." Emma spoke up and stepped out of Bryan's embrace, moving across the wounds to stand at the side of the couch.

"What do you mean 'what to do with Tate'?" I asked, raising an eyebrow in confusion. As far as I knew it was just a matter of time before Tate woke up why would it matter what we did with him?

"Well, it's not exactly natural what he's becoming" the blonde said looking at Emma and nodding in acknowledgement, the two must know each other.

"What he's becoming? What exactly is he becoming?" I felt like I was the only one who was unaware of what was going on, as the others all looked at me with pity in their eyes.

"A hybrid" chase grunted leaning back in his seat, staring up at the ceiling.

"A hybrid? What's so bad about that?"

The girl turned to the man sitting next to her and gave him a look as though she were telling him to speak. The man stood up and came towards me, faintly smiling before pulling me into a man hug.

"It's good to see you man, sorry we couldn't have met up under different circumstances." getting a better look at him I realised he was an old friend of the council. Gabe crimson. He used to be known as a ladies man, brown hair, green eyes and pretty buff. Typical alpha. But he was a good kid.

"Gabe, why're you here?" I said, patting his back while he pulled away and smiled again.

"Here with my mate, you called us for help." next the blonde stood up and smiled at me, Gabe wrapped an arm around her shoulders and kissed her forehead softly.

"She's your mate?" I looked on in disbelief. she was young, very young actually. Gabe growled at me and pulled the girl closer towards him, baring his teeth at me in warning. I held my hands up in defeat, backing up a few steps in respect.

"I'm sorry we haven't been fully introduced. I'm kieran, Kieran knight, you are?"

"Demitria Collins. queen of the werewolves. I'm well aware who you are Mr knight." smiling she shook my hand, diverting her golden eyes to mine for a few seconds.

"So you're the new queen everyone keeps talking about?" Blake said, finally speaking up. This girl doesn't look like a queen. She had on a black tank top with a brown leather jacket and black leather shorts with biker boots tied on her feet. She was more of a bad girl than a queen. I guess the saying never judge a book by it's cover would apply here.

"Yeah I am, and you're my council alphas, I'm guessing the girl upstairs will become part of the royal pack and be bestowed with the gifts of an immortal. Am I correct?" She said, leaning into Gabe-the new kings, chest.

"Yes, how many immortals will there be, if you don't mind me asking" jake raised his head, his gaze lingering on Demi's backside. I laughed but quickly covered it up so Gabe wouldn't see what Jake was doing.

"That doesn't matter, what does matter is Tates fate." Gabe looked towards the office doors and began walking towards them.

"Again, what's so bad about a hybrid?" Asking this again still wouldn't get me the answer but it was worth a shot. It wouldn't hurt to ask.

"He's dangerous Kieran. We don't know what he'll do, he could kill Eva for all we know" Scott said, going after Gabe.

I didn't think of that. what if Eva wasn't safe anymore?

A loud scream echoed around the house and as though in slow motion everyone jumped and ran out of the door.

Eva.

Vote comment and follow!

Hope and love

Mary <3