The younger Uchiha ran a hand through his hair in a troubled manner. "I did, nine years ago."

"Sasuke," Itachi sighed tiredly. "Are you still into her?"

When Sasuke didn't respond, Itachi stood up. "There are many other women out there. Think about it, little brother."

With that, he exited the room, leaving Sasuke with a problem that had been lingering around him for years. 

S.H

"Iced chocolate and cookies for the both of us, please."

It was late afternoon now. A warm breeze was in the air, signaling soon arrival of spring. Izumi and the others had left about half an hour ago, parting in their separate ways after purchasing their dresses. 

Sakura stayed behind, and instead of going home went to the small café next to the boutique, where a certain Uzumaki was waiting for her. To say that it was awkward would be an understatement. The tension was the highest she had ever experienced, even topping all the times she had been with Sasuke previously. 

Karin had destroyed her life almost as equally as Sasuke, yet here Sakura was, having afternoon tea with her. Sakura knew that she would never do this with Sasuke, so what made Karin different? She was the person who tormented and bullied her for most of high-school, before dating the person whom Sakura loved to top it all off. Then again, at least Karin never lied and betrayed her trust. 

"So," Karin nervously chuckled, dragging out the 'o'. "How are you? You're a model, right?"

"Yeah," Sakura said, feeling strange. Karin was the one in high school that so desperately wanted to be one, and Sakura was the one who hated that kind of job. Nine years really did change both of them. For the better or the worse, Sakura wasn't sure. "And you work at the bridal boutique?"

"Just part time, though," nodded Karin, before a gloomy look fell on her face. "I'm also a model, but I doubt you would've heard of me. Work hasn't been good."

"Ah," Sakura said, unsure of what else to reply to Karin. 

She felt uncomfortable here with her, like they were friends. They were not, and it was making her head ache that they seemed like they were pretending to be. She wished that Karin would just cut to the chase as to why they needed to talk without dragging on a pointless conversation.

As if reading her mind, Karin suddenly said in an outburst, "I'm sorry!"

Whether Karin was embarrassed of her actions, regretted it or just wanted to be on good terms with Sakura, she didn't know. It seemed like a mix of all three. 

Karin continued in a rushed voice, "I-I was so stupid and petty in high school, especially towards you. I'm honestly so sorry for everything I've done towards you, for all my actions and my insults. I hurt you more than what was reasonable. I take back everything. And most of all, I'm sorry that Sasuke and I-"

Sakura held out her hand in a stop sign, halting Karin's apology. She didn't want to hear the part about Sasuke and Karin. It was too painful. "Please don't talk about that incident. Just don't."

"O-Oh," Karin blushed in shame, rubbing the back of her neck. "I-I'm sorry. For that as well. I didn't realize-"

"Just move on."

Sakura didn't want to hear about how she should already be over the incident. Like she didn't know already. She desperately wanted to move on, but for some reason, she couldn't.

"So yeah," Karin's head dipped a little as she glanced away from Sakura. "That's what I wanted to say. That I'm truly sorry. I don't expect you to forgive me, but I do hope we'll be on better terms from now on."