SIXTY NINE

Shuri and Astrid almost immediately became close friends after Tony introduced her to Astrid and Peter

The three would always talk and always be working on the little problem of theirs- and with Shuri's help, they finally felt like they were going somewhere and they knew they couldn't have done it without her.

Peter was especially grateful Shuri somehow managed to get Astrid to talk to him again, no awkwardness being between the two at all- them even able to sit next to each other during lunchtime.

"Can we finally hang out tonight, guys?" Ned pleaded, "We can have movie night. We haven't done one of those in a while."

"No can do, Edward," Astrid smiled sadly, "Shuri's calling today. We have a conference call so she can show us what she was able to do with her tech."

"Shuri?" Michelle now stiffened up, "How uh- how is she?"

"Still immune to the Osborn charm," Harry sighed, "I think I lost my game."

"Didn't you go on a date with an intern from Oscorp the other day?"

"Your point?"

"Leave her alone, Harry," Michelle now said, "She's too good for you."

"Well that's just rude."

"She's a beautiful genius princess. It's not me being rude- it's just the truth."

"Does someone have a crush on Shuri?"

"What?" Michelle now asked wide-eyed, "No! No way!"

"Hey, I completely get it if you do. She's beautiful," Ned smiled.

"I- I wouldn't know. I haven't looked at her that way."

"MJ-"

"I have a girlfriend. I can't-" Michelle stopped short realizing her slip up, frowning when she saw the sad looks on her friends faces, "Guys. I don't-"

"MJ... Gwen wouldn't want you like this."

"Like what?" She sighed, admitting defeat.

"Holding back from something that could be really great just cause... just cause you're feeling guilty."

"I-I'm not though."

"MJ, didn't Jessica ask you out on a date the other day and you turned her down?"

"Yeah?"

"Why?"

"Cause- cause I'm not interested."

Peter now gave her a look, "She's an incredible girl. Why wouldn't you be interested?"

Astrid tried to hold back the feeling of jealousy as she focused on Michelle who was still acting stubborn.