THIRTY SIX

After a lot of convincing, Astrid was allowed to ride on the bus again, but this time with Harry now allowed after Norman Osborn had a lengthy conversation with Mr

After a lot of convincing, Astrid was allowed to ride on the bus again, but this time with Harry now allowed after Norman Osborn had a lengthy conversation with Mr. Harrington.

Astrid waited nervously with the other kids, waiting for Peter and Ned to show up.

When they finally did, she couldn't help but rush to Peter, pulling him into a hug.

"Are you okay?"

"Ye-yeah," Peter said nervously, "I'm fine. Are you okay though?"

"I am thanks to Spider-man," Astrid said slowly as they pulled away from the hug.

She looked into his eyes, almost as if to challenge him.

Luckily for Peter, he didn't get a chance to respond when Mr. Harrington called for them.

"We have to get on the road, kids! Your parents want you back home as soon as possible."

"We are not done talking about this," Astrid warned Peter, already grabbing his hand and pulling him onto the bus with her.

When Harry saw them walk in hand in hand, he was quick to stand from his seat beside Ned.

"Uh. What's going on here?"

"Not now, Harry," Astrid brushed him off, pulling Peter to the very back and making him sit with her.

"Wh-what's going on Astrid?"

"Are you okay? Are you hurt? Did you break anything from the fall?"

"What fall?" Peter chuckled nervously, "I didn't fall."

'I hit my head pretty hard,' he thought, now wondering if he still had a concussion like Karen said.

"You most definitely did fall. And from so high- wait. Did you like use your webbing to stop the fall? That'd make more sense or else I'm sure you'd be dead right now."

"I- whaaaaat? Wait. You're talking about- no. I'm not Spider-man. I- that guy. No. Not me."

"Peter, I really don't think I can deal with your lies any longer."

"I-I am not lying."

"I mean, first you let Theo scare you away from
being friends with me then you say you're not interested in me as Spider-man but with Ned's handwriting- which was an amateur move on your side and now you're saying you're not Spider-man when obviously you are. I am tired of all these lies."

"I'm not lying! I've never lied to you!"

"That's a lie," Astrid gave him a look, "Honestly, Pete. You can trust me. So just- tell me the truth."

"I-I know I can trust you. This isn't about trust. This is- I am not who you think I am."

"Fine. Let's just say, for the heck of it, that I'm way off. You're not Spider-man, okay. Then, kiss me."