FORTY TWO

"I still can't believe you turned down Tony Stark

"I still can't believe you turned down Tony Stark."

"I knew I needed to stay a little closer to the ground- help out the little people," Peter answered simply, "Besides, if I accepted becoming an Avenger, I wouldn't have the time to do this..."

Before Astrid could question him, he leaned down to kiss her softly, making her smile when they pulled away moments later.

"You're so cheeky, Peter Parker."

Peter only chuckled, kissing her once more, this time the kiss lasting longer.

They only pulled away hearing Harry groan, "This is why I didn't want you two together."

Harry forced himself between them, ignoring Astrid's glare as he sighed.

"I miss Liz."

"I didn't know yo two were that serious."

"I mean, we were getting there! But then stupid Spider-man just had to send her father to jail."

Astrid could see Peter tense up, she shoved Harry.

"Shut up. He couldn't just let her dad go, he was doing illegal things."

"I mean I guess," Harry huffed, although he knew deep down that she was right.

"There's no I guess about it, Harry. Mr. Toombs was a-"

"So what are we going to do today?" Harry suddenly asked, deciding he was tired of the topic.

"I'm sorry, we?"

"Cmon, you guys seriously can't ditch me when I need you the most," he complained.

"Uh huh... so what you're saying is we just have to introduce you to another girl, so you can get over Liz?"

Seeing Harry remain silent, Astrid got up, "Great! Pete, you got any friends you want to set Harry up with?"

"Ha! Peter? With friends other than us? I doubt it," Harry laughed.

Peter glared at him, "I'll have you know, I have friends other than you."

"Oh yeah? Like who?"

"I-I mean, I'd consider Mr. Stark a friend."

Astrid sighed as she sat down again, already knowing that was a bad move.

"Tony Stark? You're kidding right?"

"No."

"Right, sure. Next you're going to tell me you're friends with Black Widow?"

"No, she escaped with Captain America," Peter frowned, not getting the sarcasm in his voice.

Harry only stared at Peter before turning to Astrid, "You really couldn't do any better than that?"