THIRTY THREE

"Why are you all up on Peter?"

"Excuse me?"

Astrid was surprised by Gwen's question, to say the least.

After having to hear about Gwen and Ned speak about superheroes nonstop the entire bus ride, she was definitely tired.

She wasn't sure why they were all of a sudden interested in the topic or even talking to her and Peter but she was more than ready to lay in bed after many failed attempts of getting them to stop.

"The entire bus ride you were acting sour because we wouldn't leave you and your precious Peter Parker alone, why?"

"Okay, I was annoyed because you and Ned wouldn't stop talking at all- you literally gave me a headache. So don't go thinking there was any other reason than-"

"I know about you kissing Spider-man."

Astrid dropped her bag in shock, looking up at Gwen wide-eyed.

"H-How do you know?"

"The more important question is: why didn't you tell me?"

Astrid was at loss for words, making Gwen scoff as she shook her head.

"Some best friend you are."

"Why does it matter if I told you about a kiss or not?"

"Uh hello?! A kiss! A kiss is a huge deal! Especially if it's with some rando!"

"Listen- it shouldn't matter who I kissed. It's my business. I don't have to tell you everything!"

"Right, sorry, I just forgot for a moment that we're supposed to be best friends," Gwen glared at her, "Mr. Harrington! I need to switch rooms!"

"Oh, you've got to be kidding me!" Astrid glared herself, following Gwen to the teacher who stood there slightly startled and definitely clueless.

He didn't know what to say to the arguing girls, and he especially didn't know what to say when others joined- even Harry who just arrived.

Everyone was arguing about their room assignments and no matter how hard he tried to accommodate everyone, nothing worked.

He gave up for a moment trying to speak over them- until he just couldn't take it anymore. He had enough.

"No one is switching rooms!" Mr. Harrington finally yelled over the arguing, "Now, everyone get to their rooms. And Harry- don't cause any ruckus while you're here."

"I am insulted," Harry gasped, already following him while the group finally dispersed.

Gwen only glared at Astrid leaving her standing there in shock, wondering what just happened.

Peter felt horrible to think that they're basically fighting because of him.

"I just don't get why Gwen's so mad at her over this," Peter frowned, continuing to pace while Ned worked on his suit, "Do you think she knows that I'm Spider-man?"