FOURTEEN

On Astrid's weekly weekend visit to Oscorp, she arrived like any other day, greeting the guard and going to head upstairs when she was called over by the secretary

"Hey, Sammy, what's up?"

"A Mr. Parker is here. Said he's here to join you for the night."

Astrid looked over surprised to- surely enough, see Peter stand from his seat and walk over to her.

"What are you doing here?" she chuckled as he smiled sheepishly.

"I never did join you on one of these trips like I said I would so I thought- why not do it today? That's if you don't mind of course."

"Of course I don't mind," she smiled, "Sammy, can you make a badge for..."

She stopped short seeing the secretary hand over a laminated pass, "I just needed to make sure she actually gave you permission before I allowed you up."

Peter nodded, "I get that, we need to keep Ms. Osborn safe at all costs."

Astrid rolled her eyes playfully, "I am not a child you two."

"You are very much a child! Which is making me think now this isn't such a great idea. Maybe I should send Victor with you."

"Bye Sam!" Astrid called out before walking off with Peter following close behind.

"I'm so glad you could come, actually," Astrid smiled as they passed the security checkpoint, "I've been in such a funk lately, maybe you can help me out with my work."

"Yeah, of course," Peter assured her as they got into the elevator, "Anything you need, I'm here to help."

"That sounds great," Astrid sighed gratefully, "Before we do go to my lab though-"

"Wait. Your lab? You have your own lab?"

"Unofficially, yes. But there are far more interesting things in this building than that."

The two spent most of the time exploring the massive building but soon enough they found themselves back in her lab where they began to work- well, she did and he secretly worked on his web fluid.

Astrid had her suspicions- especially when he wouldn't show her his notebook, which he just lied and told her it was some homework he was working on.

"You know, you're always working on homework nowadays but... we don't really get that much homework."

"I really want to be valedictorian," Peter said slowly, hoping she wouldn't see through his lie.

"As if, that spot belongs to Gwen," Astrid joked, although she knew he was definitely lying to her.

She didn't want to pry though and knew he'd tell her when he was ready- or if he even wanted to tell her in the first place.

Peter was grateful for that, more than happy to get back to work until Astrid decided she had enough of work.