FORTY ONE

With Liz Allan now gone, everything felt different without her

Sure, she may be leaving because her father turned out to be a super villain and that may have creeped some people out but her friends, they just missed her.

Harry was especially upset that she had to go, even making it a point to escort Liz and her mother to the airport.

"I can't believe she's really moving to Oregon," Astrid whispered seeing her brother walk her out.

"I just feel horrible," Peter sighed, "I mean- I'm the one who turned her father in."

"Well, what were you supposed to do, Pete? Let Mr. Toombs keep doing what he was doing? More people would've gotten hurt if he continued to make those alien weapons."

"I know but... maybe I should've helped him escape, so he could start a new life with them. I'd make sure he stopped doing what he was doing so Liz could still have her dad and not..."

"I love that you still see the good in people," Astrid smiled softly, "But somehow, I think Mr. Toombs would not have given up his lifestyle so easily. You did the right thing, Peter."

"Yeah," he mumbled, Ned spotting and joining them.

"Hey, I know everyone is sad Liz is leaving and stuff but is it wrong I'm still so happy I helped you out with that shocker guy?" he beamed.

Astrid chuckled a bit, excusing herself from the boys to join Michelle and Gwen.

"Hey. You said bye to Liz?"

"Yeah," Michelle smiled sadly, "Her, Mr. Harrington and I had a little meeting before she met up with her mom."

Gwen nodded, "And I said goodbye after that... god, I really can't believe she's leaving. You know she was the first girl to make me realize how into girls I was?"

Michelle glared at her, making Astrid chuckle a bit.

"Not sure you're supposed to say that in front of your girlfriend, Gwen," Astrid warned her.

"What? Oh! Well, it would've been you but you were always so cold to me."

"I was only cold cause I did not want anyone to think I actually wanted to make friends here," Michelle defended herself.

The girls only gave her a look, making Michelle scoff, "Whatever. Can we just get to our impromptu decathlon meeting?"

"Can't you just tell us what it's about?" Gwen whined, following her, "We have a date right after-"

"Gwendolyn, let's go."

Astrid only smiled to herself as she followed the girls, managing to grab a hold of Peter's and Ned's hands and bringing them along too.

The meeting, as expected, was all about making Michelle the newest team captain.

She smiled at everyone who clapped for her, "My friends call me MJ."