TWENTY ONE

When Peter spent most of his summer vacation practically avoiding Astrid, she felt hurt but she didn't want to seem like she was bothering Peter anymore- like she originally thought she was, so she didn't bring it up

Peter just kept using the same 'I'm busy with the Stark Internship' excuse when really he was swinging around New York City helping anyone in need.

Naturally, he wanted to go straight to Astrid after, but he knew he had to keep his distance.

What Astrid didn't know was a couple of days after his Germany trip, Theo cornered him before he could leave to join his friends.

"You're Peter right?"

Peter resisted the urge to roll his eyes, not even having to know much about the guy to hate him.

He took the girl he really liked from him.

"Um... yeah."

"I'm Theo," he smiled politely, holding a hand out.

Peter was confused but shook it nonetheless, "So... what can I do for you, Theo?"

Theo suddenly seemed nervous, the whole badass demeanor he had on seconds ago gone, "Well... I don't really know how to say this."

"Say what?"

He scratched the back of his neck nervously, "Okay, so I never wanted to be the overprotective asshole macho man that threatened other guys to stay away from their girls..."

'Oh god,' Peter thought, 'I do not need to deal with this shit right now- wait did he just say their girl? Is Astrid his girlfriend?'

"Did you just- are- is Astrid your girlfriend?"

"Well," Theo blushed slightly, "Not yet but I'm going to definitely change that tonight."

'Great. Now I've officially lost her.'

"I can tell, you know," Theo suddenly said, snapping Peter out of his thoughts.

"Tell? Tell what?"

"That you like Astrid."

"Whaaaaaat?"

Theo rolled his eyes at Peter's response, "I see the way you look at her Parker. Everyone does. The only one who doesn't see it is Astrid."

Peter now chuckled nervously as he shook his head, "I-I don't know what you're talking about. Really- I don't. I um... Astrid is an amazing friend- but that's it, just a friend."

"Uh huh. I'm sure," Theo scoffed, "I just- just stay away. Okay?"

Peter felt defeated and at loss for words as he slowly nodded, scared of what the junior may do if he said no but as soon as he saw a smile instantly appearing on Theo's face- he regretted it.