FORTY THREE

Peter swore Spider-man would not be interfering with their date the next day- no matter what

Astrid and Peter were both surprised when he actually pulled through with that promise and showed up right on time for their date.

"Are you sure you shouldn't be out patrolling the city? What if something happens or-"

"The city has been fine without me for many years, I'm sure they can handle one night without me. Besides, today is all about you."

"Who knew how much of a romantic you could be," Astrid teased, making Peter smile brightly as he held out the flowers he kept hidden up until that moment.

"Does this make me more of a romantic?"

"Definitely," Astrid chuckled as he took them from him, "Thank you. I'm just gonna go put these in some water."

Peter nodded, stepping inside while Astrid rushed into the kitchen.

The maid was there and she smiled when she saw the flowers in Astrid's hands.

"From the boy I'm assuming?"

"Yes," Astrid beamed, taking a vase and beginning to fill it with water, "I'm so excited to finally-"

She stopped short when she heard her father's voice, greeting Peter.

The two exchanged looks and instantly she took the vase from Astrid, insisting she join them.

It was unfortunately too late though because Norman and Peter had enough time together to put the pieces together.

"You didn't tell him we were going on a date?"

"You're going on a date with him?"

Astrid sighed, "Peter, you've met my overprotective father, right?"

Peter frowned, realizing then what he had done wrong.

He shouldn't have said a thing.

"I am not overprotective," Norman rolled his eyes, "That being said, get changed. You're not going anywhere."

"You literally just said you weren't overprotective."

"Yes, well, there's no such thing as being overprotective when you're a father," Norman brushed her off, "You can show yourself out, Peter."

"No offense, Mr. Osborn," Peter began when he saw him start to pull Astrid away, "But I already had to deal with this whole trying to keep us apart thing with Harry and I am not going to let yet someone else do that to us."

Astrid smiled brightly when Norman froze, both of them turning to face Peter.

"Well that is definitely unexpected," Norman chuckled a bit.

"I really like her sir, and I mean what I'm saying. I won't let anyone keep me from her."

"How about this, Peter?" Norman smiled, "I'll let you take my girl out for a date... if you agree to have dinner with me, so I can get to know you better as the kid who wants to take my daughter on a date- not my son's best friend."