SIXTY THREE

Brad didn't take too long getting comfortable living in New York- especially with Astrid now living with them

Happy thought it was the perfect solution. Not giving up his promise to Astrid to watch over her but also getting a little help from a far more experienced parent than him.

Lily was happy to have an excuse to keep the giant Queens home, especially after Harry gave her this long speech about how important the house was to him and Astrid.

With all the rooms now occupied, and there being no trace of Norman or his twisted time as a villain, she felt like everyone could finally move on- everyone but Astrid.

"It's been months," she sighed as she laid her head down on the lunch table, "Months and he still hasn't gotten better."

"Astrid," Michelle began to warn her that Harry was now joining them but Astrid didn't listen to her.

"I just don't get it. What Tony and I gave him should've worked. It was the perfect solution! But he just- he won't recover. He still looks sick- like he's ready to die. And I- as much as I hate him for what he did to Gwen... he's also my dad. And I can't- I can't lose him... not like that. So if you two have any ideas I'm all- ears. Shit."

Astrid felt her heart drop seeing her twin brother staring at her with wide eyes in shock.

"Dad's dying?"

"I-I didn't say that."

"That's exactly what you said."

"We-well-" Astrid stopped when Harry got up and left the table, making her groan as she laid her head down again, "Why didn't you stop me, MJ?"

"What the fuck?"

"Are you going to go talk to him?" Ned asked worriedly, wondering where Harry went.

"No. I spent my whole life comforting him and making sure he was alright- frankly, I'm over it."

"I'm sure you don't mean that," Peter whispered but Astrid just brushed him off as she resumed writing notes about ideas for helping her father.

In fact, she didn't put the notebook down for the rest of the day- even after dinner when she was locked away in her room away from everyone else, desperate to find an answer before she went to bed.

"What are you working on?"

Astrid didn't even have to look up from her notes to know who was standing there, "I thought we made it a rule that you don't come in without knocking."

"I thought that rule was only for Harry," Brad chuckled as he entered the room, going to take a seat on the edge of the bed as he continued to watch her.

"You wanna be my brother too, you gotta follow by the rules."

"I'll think about it. But if being your brother means being miserable like Harry, I don't think I want it."