Chapter Sixty-Three

Castiel looks around, begins walking towards a clearing in fallen trees. The ground is pulsing like it's alive. Castiel reaches to touch it, but is attacked from behind. Castiel stakes his two assailants and goes back to that area of ground. A hand reaches up, and Castiel pulls out the body of Adam Milligan.

................

Dean goes to leave the room, Sam blocks his way.

"I'm gonna get a beer, do you mind?" Dean asks, Sam moves out of his way. Wind blows papers and Castiel appears with Adam's body.

"Help"

"Boys!" Bobby shouts, Castiel lays Adam down on the cot. "Who is it?" he asks.

"That's our brother" Sam answers.

"Wait a minute. Your brother? Adam?" Erika asks standing.

"Cas, what the hell?" Dean asks.

"Angels" Castiel answers.

"Angels? Why?"

"I know one thing for sure. We need to hide him now" Castiel puts his hand to Adam's chest and brands the Enochian symbols on his ribs to hide him from angels. Adam wakes up.

"Where am I?" Adam asks.

"It's okay. Just relax, you're safe" Sam tells him.

"Who the hell are you?"

"You're going to find this a little...a lot crazy, but we're actually your brothers" Dean tells him.

"It's the truth. John Winchester was our father, too. See, I'm Sam..."

"Yeah, and I'm sure that's Dean" Adam nods to Dean and then looks to Erika, she raises an eyebrow. "And you are Eris. I know who you are"

"I really wish the angels would stop calling me that" Erika complains.

"How?" Sam asks Adam.

"They warned me about you"

"Who did?" Dean asks.

"The angels. Now where the hell is Zachariah?"

"So why don't you just tell us everything? Start from the beginning" Dean tells him.

"Well, I was dead and in Heaven. 'Cept it—it uh, kinda looked like my prom and I was making out with this girl, her name was Kristin McGee..."

"Yeah, that sounds like heaven. Did you get to third base?" Dean asks.

"Just uh, just keep going" Sam pushes.

"Well, these...these angels, they popped out of nowhere, and they tell me that I—I'm chosen" Adam tells them.

"For what?" Sam asks.

"To save the world"

"How you gonna do that?"

"Oh, me and some archangel are going to kill the devil" Adam answers.

"What archangel?" 

"Michael. I'm his uh, sword or vessel or something, I don't know" 

"Well, that's insane"

"Not necessarily" Erika offers, Dean looks to her.

"How do you mean?"

"Well..Maybe they're moving on from you, love"

"Well, that doesn't make sense" Dean responds.

"He is John Winchester's bloodline, Sam's brother. It's not perfect, but it's possible" Castiel agrees with her.