Chapter Twenty

A/N - THIS IS UP EARLY BECAUSE I RECEIVED A NASTY COMMENT ON AO3 ABOUT IT AND I AM SPITING THAT COMMENT BY POSTING INSTEAD OF DELETING MY FIC LIKE THEY ASKED ME TO

Erika grabs three glasses from behind her bar as Sam and Dean sit in a booth across the bar, she grabs a bottle of whiskey and moves to them setting the glasses down on the table before sitting across from them.

"My family's origin is a very long story" she tells them. "But I'll explain it as best I can" she pours out the three drinks. "My mother and father, Esther and Mikael, were born in Norway" she tells them. "More then a thousand years ago"

"She's old" Dean tells Sam who shoots him a look.

"Dean" Erika states, he looks to her.

"Right" he states. "Continue" she smirks a little and then sighs.

"My father was a wealthy land owner in a village in Eastern Europe and my mother bore seven children" she pulls her drink closer and looks to the brothers. "They'd just started that family, when a plague struck their homeland. They lost a child to it, and so they wanted to escape and protect their future family from the same fate" Sam frowns at her.

"Wait...you were born in the States though" he remembers. "Mystic Falls....How did you end up here? This part of the world hadn't even been discovered yet" Sam tells her, Erika chuckles.

"Not by anyone in your history books" she tells him. "But my mother knew the witch Ayana, who heard from the spirits of a mystical land where everyone was healthy...blessed by the gifts of speed and strength. That lead my family here, where we lived amongst those people" the brothers frown at her. "Werewolves" she tells them. "My family lived in peace with them for over 20 years, during which time my family had more children, including me" Erika spins her ring on her finger. "Once a month our family retreated into the caves beneath our village. The wolves would howl through the night and by morning we'd return home...One full moon, Klaus and my youngest brother Henrik snuck out to watch the men turn into beasts. That was forbidden and Henrik paid the ultimate price...And that was the beginning of the end of peace with our neighbours. And one of the last moments my family had together as humans. My mother begged Ayana to call upon the spirits to find a way to protect the rest of us but Ayana refused, it was a crime against nature"

"Okay" Dean whispers and looks to her. "But why stay, if they were so afraid of the werewolves? Why not just......leave?"

"Pride...My father didn't want to run any more. He wanted to fight and be superior to the wolves. Where they could bite, we had to bite harder. Where they had speed, we had to be faster. Agility, strength, senses..." Erika looks down. "Ayana refused.....so my mother sought her own way. She called upon the sun for life, and the ancient white oak tree, one of nature's eternal objects, for immortality. That night, my father offered us wine laced with blood. And then he drove his sword through our hearts" she tells them raising her glass to her lip, Sam and Dean stare at her.

"Your own father....killed you?" Sam asks.

"He wasn't delicate about it either" Erika adds. "Then...when we woke....We had to drink more blood to complete the ritual" Erika looks away and runs her finger around the edge of the glass. "It was euphoric" she admits. "The feeling of power was indescribable...but the witch Ayana was right about the consequences. The spirits turned on us, and nature fought back...For every strength there would be a weakness...The sun became our enemy. It kept us indoors for weeks...And though my mother found a solution, there were other problems...Neighbours who had opened their homes to us could now keep us out. Flowers at the base of the white oak burned. And the spell decreed that the tree that gave us life could also take it away...so we burned it to the ground. But the darkest consequence was something my parents never anticipated...The hunger. Blood...had made us reborn and it was blood that we craved above all else. We could not control it..." she looks to Sam and Dean. "And with that, the predatory species was born..."

"You're vampires" Dean states leaning back. "The first vampires"

"Of my kind, yes, I told you there was more than one type of werewolf, well it's the same for vampires" she states. "There is another type of vampire, one that's origin comes from an alpha, my kind is created from magic...." Erika sighs. "Look there's more too...." she offers. "And the deal was for the whole story so....me and Nik....When we became vampires, we discovered the truth" Erika looks down. "Me and Nik....we're not Mikael's children" she admits. "My mother had been unfaithful many years before. This was her darkest secret. Me and Nik are from a different bloodline. Of course, when my father discovered this, he hunted down and he killed my mother's lover and his entire family. Not realizing, of course, that he was igniting a war between species that rages until this day"

"A war between the species?" Sam asks her.

"The vampires...and the werewolves" she answers, Dean leans closer.

"So you're real father was from a werewolf bloodline?" Dean asks, Erika nods. "So what the hell does that make you and Niklaus? Werewolves? Or vampires?"

"Both" she answers. "Hybrids would be far deadlier than any werewolf or vampire. Nature would never stand for such an imbalance of power. Therefore the witches, the servants of nature, saw to it that mine and Nik's werewolf sides would become dormant, Mikael forced my mother to cast a spell, a curse, that would suppress our werewolf sides, denying us any connection with our true selves..." the three of them fall silent, Dean drinks, Sam cocks his head and looks to Erika.

"I have to ask" Sam starts breaking the silence. "How are you.....feeding?" Erika sighs and then vamp-speeds away, Dean raises an eyebrow as she is suddenly back, she throws a blood bag onto the table.

"Humans so readily give blood" she motions to the bag. "I have a deal with the local hospital" she sits again. "I get a percentage of their donations every month, and in return....I give them my blood....you've seen what it can do" Erika motions to Dean's shoulder. "Their fatality rate has decreased significantly in recent years" she shrugs. "I haven't touched a human since....." she frowns. "1975 and even before that, I only ever fed on those I considered.....deserving, a rapist here, a serial killer there....." she sighs and taps her glass. "I'm going to give you two some....time to....digest" she stands and then leaves. Dean look to Sam.

"You're sleeping with her" Sam points out. "How do you feel about this?" Dean shrugs.

"I don't know" he admits. "I mean...she's saved our asses on a few occasions, and I don't.....get the vibe that she's...."

"Evil" Sam offers, Dean nods.

"Yeah, and it's not like she's going around killing people" Dean lifts up the blood bag. "She found a way around it" he mumbles.