Chapter Thirty-Five

Erika, Sam and Dean are meeting with the publisher of the "Supernatural" series: a young, attractive woman in a long sweater. She is eager but appears both a little nervous and somewhat skeptical of their intentions.

"So you published the "Supernatural" and 'The Original' books?" Sam asks.

"Yep. Yeah. Gosh. These books... You know, they never really got the attention they deserved. All anybody wants to read any more is that romance crap. You know – "Doctor Sexy, M.D."?" She scoffs. "Please"

"Right. Well, we're hoping that our article can... shine a light on an underappreciated series" Sam tells her.

"Yeah, yeah, because, you know, if we got a little bit of good press then m-maybe we could start publishing again"

"No, no, no, no. God, no" the publisher looks to Erika, Dean nudges her. "I mean, why – why would you want to do that?" Erika asks.

"You know, it's, uh, such a complete series, what with Dean going to hell and all" Dean adds.

"Oh, my god! That was one of my favorite ones, because Dean was so... strong... and sad and brave. And Sam... I mean, the best parts are when they'd cry. You know, like in – In "Heart," when Sam had to kill Madison, the first woman since Jessica he really loved. And in "Home," when Dean had to call John and ask him for help" She turns away. "Gosh... if only real men were so open and in touch with their feelings"

"Real men?" Dean asks.

"I mean, no offence. How often do you cry like that, hmm?"

"Well, right now, I'm crying on the inside"

"Is that supposed to be funny?"

"Lady, this whole thing is funny"

"How do I know you three are legit, hmm?"

"Oh, trust me. We, uh... we're legit"

"Well, I don't want any smart-ass article making fun of my boys"

"No! No, no, no. Never"

"No, that's..."

"We – We are actually, um... big fans" Erika tells her.

"Hmm. You've read the books?"

"Cover to cover"

"Um-hmm"

"What's the year and model of the car?"

"It's a 1967 Chevy Impala" Dean answers.

"What's May 2nd?"

"That's my – Uh... that's Sam's birthday" Sam answers.

"January 24th is Dean's" Dean points out.

"Name the Mikaelson siblings, in age order, all of them" Dean and Sam looks to Erika who sighs.

"Freya, Finn, Elijah, the twins Erika and Niklaus, Kol, Rebekah and then Henrik"

"Sam's score on the LSAT?"

"One..." Sam looks at Dean, at a loss. "Seventy-four?"

"Dean's favorite song?"

"It's a tie. Between Zep's "Ramble On" and "Traveling Riverside Blues.""

"The ingredients needed the break the Hybrid curse?"

"A witch" Erika answers. "A werewolf, a vampire, the moonstone and a doppelgänger, and they had all of them in 1492....but the moonstone was stolen by the doppelgänger, Katerina Petrova, who then turned herself into a vampire to stop the twins using her" the publisher nods. "She's been running from them ever since"