Chapter Ten

Erika, Dean and Sam walk up to the Impala, which is now splattered with eggs. Dean walks around to the driver's side as Sam opens the passenger side door. Dean looks around, very mad.

"Astronaut!"

...............

Dean takes a seat next to Sam in the Impala, and sees that Sam looks upset. Erika climbs into the back.

"What?"

"Nothing" Sam answers and then takes a breath. "I thought they'd be different"

"Who, the angels?"

"Yeah"

"Well, I tried to tell ya"

"I just... I mean, I thought they'd be righteous"

"Well, they are righteous, I mean, that's kinda the problem. Of course there's nothing more dangerous than some a-hole who thinks he's on a holy mission"

"But, I mean, this is God? And Heaven? This is what I've been praying to?" Sam asks.

"Look man, I know you're into the whole God thing, you know, Jesus on a tortilla and stuff like that. But just because there's a couple of bad apples doesn't mean the whole barrel's rotten. I mean, for all we know, God hates these jerks. Don't give up on this stuff, is all I'm saying. Babe Ruth was a dick but baseball's still a beautiful game" Erika goes through the hex bag in her hands and picks up the bone. Dean smirks and looks to her. "Well, are you gonna figure out a way to find this witch, or are you just gonna sit there fingering your bone?" Dean starts the Impala.

"You know how much heat it would take to char a bone like this" She states lifting her eyes to Dean.

"No" he answers.

"A lot, more than a fire or some kitchen oven"

"Okay, Betty Crocker, what does that mean?" Erika smirks.

"It means we make a stop, love"

....................

Dean walks over to a kiln in Don Haring's classroom at the school. Sam goes over to Don's desk.

"So Tracy used the kiln to char the bone, what's the big deal?" Dean asks as Erika sniffs slightly. Sam is rifling through the stuff on Don's desk as Dean walks over.

"Love, that hex bag turned up in your room, not after you talked to Tracy..."

"After we talked to the teacher" Sam notices a bottom drawer of Don's desk is locked with a latch.

"Hey..." Dean sees it too, and Sam gets a hammer off the table behind them, Erika smirks and walks towards them.

"Put it down, love" she teases, crouches and wraps her fingers around the lock, with a soft yank it breaks free, she looks to them. "Just needed a woman's touch" she tells them, Dean and Sam share a look as she opens the drawer where there are bones in a bowl, one charred, the others not. Erika straightens up. "Bloody hell, those are all from children"

"And I'm guessing he's not saving them for the dog" Dean states.

........................

Don starts an incantation and we see a rope. Tracy is tied up with the rope and a rag wrapped around her mouth, stifling her cries as she struggles to get free. Don takes a knife and a chalice from the table and walks over to Tracy. He runs the tip of the knife down her neck, not drawing blood, but staring at her. Don raises the knife above his head to stab her, and gets shot from behind three times. Dean, Erika and Sam have come, and Dean and Sam go over to Tracy to untie her as Erika checks Don's body. Dean cuts Tracy down and she rips off the gag.

"Thank you, he was gonna kill me! Ugh, that sick son of a bitch. I mean, did you see what he was doing? Did you hear him? How sloppy his incantation was?" Erika, Dean and Sam look up. "My brother..."

"Bloody hell" Erika complains, Dean and Sam both go to draw their guns again.

"Always was a little dim" Tracy throws up her hand and yells an incantation and Dean, Erika and Sam fly back hitting the ground, and writhing around in pain. Erika clutches her head with a growl "He was gonna make me the final sacrifice, his idea, but now, that honor goes to him. Our master's return? The spellwork's a two man job you understand, so for six hundred years I had to deal with that pompous son of a bitch. Planning, preparing, unbearable" Tracy kneels down by Don and picks up the knife and the chalice. "The whole time I wanted to rip his face off" Tracy starts digging the knife into Don's bullet wound, and holds the chalice up to catch the blood flow. She looks back over to Dean and Sam, who are still writhing in pain on the floor clutching their stomachs and Erika, clutching her head. "And you get him with a gun, uh, love that" Tracy gets up and goes back to the altar on the table. "You know, back in the day, this was the one day you kept your children inside. Well tonight you'll all see what Halloween really is" Tracy starts another incantation and Erika glances to Tracy and then to the two brothers before she reaches for Don's body, putting her hand in blood and smearing it on her face. Dean sees her and whispers.

"What are you doing?"

"Just follow my lead" Erika spreads blood on Dean's face as well and then Sam's, and moves back away from Don. As Tracy finishes the incantation the ground cracks and black smoke pours out of it, and into the body of Don (who is now Samhain). Erika, Dean and Sam were not able to stop his rising, and another seal has been broken. As he opens his eyes, we see that Don's eyes have turned white with the pupil staying black. Erika, Dean and Sam lie still on the floor, their torture finished. Samhain rises off the floor, and looks at Tracy's back that is turned to him. His vision is blurry. He walks over to her and she turns around smiling at him. Samhain kisses her.

"My love"

"You've aged"

"This face... I can't fool you" Tracy tells him.

"Your beauty is beyond time" Samhain leans in and their foreheads rest together before he suddenly snaps her neck sideways and she falls to the floor. "Whore" Samhain turns around as he sniffs the air and sees Erika, Dean and Sam lying on the floor. He walks over and looks at them for a second, Samhain then walks past them and leaves, shutting the door behind him. Dean opens his eyes and leans over to Erika, whispering so that Samhain doesn't hear them.

"What the hell was that?" He asks her.

"People used to wear masks to hide from him, so I gave it a shot"

"You gave it a shot?!" Dean looks at her not believing that they took a chance like that, she shrugs and smirks at him.