Chapter Twenty Four

Much later:

Dean sits in the impala on the phone: he's leaving a message.

"Sam's in trouble, Erika. I think the siren's worked her mojo on him. Give me a call as soon as you get this" Dean hangs up and immediately makes another call to Munroe (The Fed in town who is really the Siren)

"Hey man, what's up?"

"I need your help"

"Uh, sure. With what?"

"Canvassing. We gotta find somebody"

.......................

Munroe sits in his car outside a bar. He watches Cara get out of a taxi and walk inside. Dean slides into Munroe's passenger seat.

"She went in just a second ago"

"Nice work"

"Should we follow her in?" Munroe asks.

"No, no, no, I don't wanna tip her off. Let's just wait and see who she comes out with"

"So you think... what? She's drugging these guys?"

"Pretty much"

"Uh-huh"
"I know how it sounds"

"You sure about that? 'Cause it sounds like crazy on toast. All these different strippers, they're magically the same girl? But then they're not strippers at all, it's Dr. Quinn"

"It's kinda hard to explain, but I have my reasons and they're good ones, so you're just gonna have to trust me on 'em"

"Yeah. OK. I guess"

"Thank you. That's actually nice to hear." Dean takes a swig from his hip flask and offers it to Munroe. Munroe drinks and hands it back. Dean takes another swig.

"So let's say she is drugging her vics. How's she pulling that off?"

"She could be injecting them, you know, or passing the toxin through, uh, physical contact"

"Or it could be her saliva...You really should have wiped the lip of that thing before you drank from it, Dean" A look of realization crosses Dean's face. "I should be your little brother. Sam. You can't trust him. Not like you can trust me" Munroe's reflection in the rear vision mirror is that of a monster. "In fact, I really feel like you should get him outta the way, so we can be brothers. Forever"

"Yeah. Yeah, you're right"

.....................

Sam enters the motel room to find Munroe sitting on the bed.

"Nick. What are you doing here?" Sam asks. Dean jumps Sam and holds a knife to his throat. "Dean?" Sam realizes and looks to Munroe. "I gotta tell ya, you're one butt ugly stripper"

"Well, maybe. But I got exactly what I wanted. I got Dean"

"Dean, come on man, this isn't you. You can fight this. Let me go"

"Why don't you cut him? Just a little, on his neck right there" Dean slices Sam's neck. "Dean's all mine"

"You poisoned him"

"No. I gave him what he needed. And it wasn't some bitch in a G-string. It was you. A little brother that looked up to him, that he could trust. And now he loves me. He'd do anything for me. And I gotta tell you, Sam, that kind of devotion? I mean, watching someone kill for you? It's the best feeling in the world"

"Is that why you're slutting all over town?"

"Ahh. I get bored as we all do. And I wanna fall in love again. And again...and again"