Chapter Forty-One

Erika sets a huge plate of bacon next to a bowl of scrambled eggs, Sam is already awake and sits at the table with a fruit bowl and toast and a coffee. Erika hums along with the radio that plays some classical piece. Sam glances to her from the newspaper and watches as she moves back to the small kitchen and grabs a pot of tea before she moves to sit with Sam. Dean shuffles in and drops onto a chair already reaching for the bacon.

"Morning" Sam greets, Dean grumbles, Sam smirks and looks to Erika who smiles back. Dean lifts his head to glare at the radio.

"What is this crap?" he asks, Erika chuckles and stands to change it.

"Vivaldi's Winter" she answers turning the radio off and moving back to the table.

"What's the plan for today then?" Sam asks, Dean raises an eyebrow. "We've been here almost a week now"

"Well me and her, we're going to beach" Dean answers, Erika looks to him. "That's if you still want to go, I know it's..."

"No, no, I still do, love" she whispers, he nods as Sam smirks.

"Then I'll spend the day in your library," Sam tells Erika who smiles.

"Help yourself, most of them are copies anyway" Dean takes Erika's hand on the table and touches her ring, he frowns and cocks his head.

"Hey, all your jewelry is gold, right?" he asks, she hums a little.

"Yes," she answers.

"This isn't" he touches her ring, she looks to it.

"It is actually, it's just very old gold" she corrects. "It's my family ring, it also acts as my daylight ring" she informs him, Dean frowns. "Otherwise I would be extra crispy"

"Oh," Dean breaths. "What's the stone?"

"Nothing impressive" she answers. "Lapis Lazuli" she shrugs and goes back to her coffee. "Many of the newer vampires, they wear amulets rather then rings, so if you ever find yourself hunting a vampire, check the hands, wrist, and neck first" she teases. Sam smirks and goes back to his newspaper.

..................

Dean groans shaking out his jeans, Erika chuckles laying on her bed.

"There is sand everywhere" he complains setting his jeans over the back of her dresser chair. "In places I didn't know I could get sand" he moves to lay next to her, strokes his fingers down her back. She looks to him as he smiles. "Today was nice" he whispers. "No angels, no...seals, no worry, I could...forget it all" he admits.

"Reality will always come back, love," she tells him, he nods.

"I know" he leans down to kiss her shoulder. "But it was nice" he admits. "Just for a little while" she turns slightly and cups his cheek, he closes his eyes. "I'm tired, Eri" he whispers.

"Then get some sleep" she whispers back, they both know that is not what he meant. He smiles and kisses her softly.

...............

Dean is fishing at the end of a pier. Castiel appears.

"We need to talk"

"I'm dreaming, aren't I?" Dean asks.

"It's not safe here. Someplace more private"

"More private? We're inside my head"

"Exactly. Someone could be listening"

"Cas, what's wrong?"

"Meet me here" Cas hands Dean a piece of paper. "Go now." Dean looks up and Castiel is gone from the pier.