forty two

The premiere for The Martian was already in full swing by the time that Sebastian and Mason arrived

The premiere for The Martian was already in full swing by the time that Sebastian and Mason arrived. The LA sky was cloudy, darker clouds rolling in the distance. The air was cool but the intense bright flashes of the cameras kept both of them warm.

Sebastian stood a few feet away from Mason as they both posed and smiled for on the walkway. He wanted to go up to her and wrap his arm around her waist, but he knew that he wouldn't be able to.

So he stood a few feet away, smiling.

By the time that they finished the carpet walk, both of them were too happy to be away from the cameras and inside the theater.

"Sebastian, hey!" A deep voice called out from their left and they were soon approached by Matt Damon. He smiled at his old cast mate and then looked at Mason, and smiled again. "Hey, it's nice to meet you."

"It's nice to meet you, too." Mason smiled and shook his outstretched hand.

"I didn't know you were bringing a date." Matt looked back at Sebastian. "Alexia was really excited to see this, so she's with me tonight. She's really starstruck." Matt laughed as he referred to his step daughter. Across the room, the teenager stood staring at Mason Blue. "She's a huge fan of yours."

Mason smiled, "I would love to meet her."

After meeting the teenager and taking a few pictures, Sebastian and Mason followed the large crowd into the theater.

"We should go to the after party." Mason told him as they were brought to their seats.

"You don't like after parties."

"Yes I do, I just didn't feel up for it last time. But we should go tonight." Mason argued. In truth, she did not want to go. But this was his movie and she wanted him to enjoy the night as much as he could. Even if that meant dealing with an after party.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes. It'll be fun."

Sebastian was skeptical, of course he was, but the conversation ended there as the movie began.

Mason found herself immediately consumed by the movie. Matt Damon's acting throughout it was incredible and seeing Sebastian's character was an added bonus to her.

Sebastian couldn't focus on the movie. His thoughts only brought him back to how quick their time in LA was. After this, Mason was flying out to Atlanta to film a music video and would be gone for a week. They hadn't talked about hanging out again after she gets back home to New York City, but he had hopes that they would.