thirty two

A sigh fell from Mason's lips as she crossed out the notes she had written in the blank page

A sigh fell from Mason's lips as she crossed out the notes she had written in the blank page. Her frustration level was high and she felt a headache already growing.

Her stomach was grumbling, but she set a hand on in it to calm it. She couldn't be bothered to eat, she had too much work to do.

Mason had very few classes left to take before she would graduate with her Masters degree, but it didn't make things any easier. It had taken her years for this degree, balancing school life and personal life.

This was the first year that her personal life was getting the better of her school life. She had a million things to do, photoshoots for her album, press release for Hallow. She was being pulled in a million different directions.

Frustrated tears burned her eyes and she tossed the pencil aside. A sweaty hand ran through her hair as she let out the biggest sigh.

Typically this would be the part when Johnny would come in and force her to take a break. But he went home to Long Island for the weekend and as much as Mason wanted to as well, she had too much work to do.

Not to mention the fact that she was leaving for Los Angelos tomorrow.

The sound of Mason's phone vibrating against the wood surface caused her to jump, and then she came back into the world. She realized it was nearing six o'clock at night.

The name Bassy displayed on her screen and a smile appeared on her face; though it was one of tiredness and exhaustion.

"Hey." She answered the phone quietly.

Sebastian hesitated on the other side of the phone call. "I'm sorry, is this Mason Blue? I don't recognize that sad tone."

Mason smiled and leaned against the back of her chair. "What do you want, Bassy?"

He groaned at the nickname, though on the inside, he loved it. "You said to come over at six. I buzzed but you didn't answer."

"Oh fuck, I forgot." Mason said.

Her tired body moved from the desk and she walked out of her bedroom, then down the stairs. The setting sun brought shadows into the large living room of her Manhattan home.

"I figured as much. You feeling okay?"

"I am, yeah. I was just working on homework. Which I still have to finish, by the way." She told him as she walked to the large brown door. She pulled open the door and then hung up the phone.