thirty five

"Come on, come on

"Come on, come on. We can't be late!" Mason yelled as she walked out the door to the LA home. The warm air settled over her exposed skin. Her hands settled on the sides of her dress and she looked at the black limousine that was waiting for them.

"Bye Mason, good luck tonight!" A chorus of goodbyes came from the ensemble that had helped Mason get ready tonight; a full hair and makeup team and of course, an amazing stylist who brought the very dress she wore now.

"Thank you again!" She called over them, watching as they scattered off towards their cars.

Sebastian then ran out of the house, closing the door behind him. "You left like every single light on." In his hand was a cover bag, where clothes were hanging from a hanger. "You forgot this."

"Oh my God, thank you so much! I would've completely forgotten." Masons eyes widened as she felt a wave of complete idiocy rush through her. "I don't know what I would have done without that."

"What even is it?"

"It's my performance outfit. Thank you, Bassy."

"Don't call me that." Sebastian laughed as they walked towards the limo.

Mason smiled and opened the door for him. "Ladies first."

He shook his head as he climbed into the seat. "This is going to be a long night."

Mason couldn't help but laugh as she climbed into the leather seat next to him. Once the door was shut and the driver introduced himself, they were on their way.

Sebastian watched as Mason leaned back against the seat, her pretty wide eyes looking out into the city as they drove. Her hand rested softly on the curve of the limos door and her finger tapped against it to the beat of the song that was playing.

He noticed the way that she would shift in her seat every few minutes, as if staying still for too long was impossible for her. She licked her lips often, and chewed on the bottom one until the lipstick she had been wearing was practically all of.

Sebastian had still yet to see her without makeup on, and he wanted to more than anything.

His eyes reverted back to her hands when she shifted once again. This time, he paid more attention to the lingering tattoo on the softest part of her forearm. It was then that he noticed, just further down from the tattoo, a scar reaching from her inner elbow to her wrist.

His gut immediately wrenched as he realized what it was. Though he told himself to look away, his eyes were glued to the white scar against her skin. It was still just barely red, more white than anything, but it was noticeable.

Sebastian felt the urge to take her hand and tell her that he cared for her, that he would be there for her no matter what. He wanted to know what she thought, how she felt, and every and anything else. All he wanted was to make sure that she felt wanted, needed, and loved.