But he knew that she wouldn't necessarily like being touched and fawned over, it wasn't in her character.

So he chose to make conversation. "I'm excited for tonight. Thank you for bringing me."

Mason looked over at him in the sudden interruption of silence. A smile spread across her face and her head titled forward. "Of course. I'm glad you decided to come. This will be very fun, I think our fans will go crazy."

Sebastian's laugh filled the limo. "Yeah, it should be interesting."

Mason looked out the window again as they approached the highway. It would only be another few minutes before they got to the Microsoft Theater, but the traffic getting in will undoubtedly be harsh.

"So your performance, can you spare me any details?"

"Oh, it's nothing really special. It should be fun though. I'm nervous. I haven't performed in front of a live audience in so long." Mason thought back on the last time she did. She closed her eyes as the painful memories came over her.

"When was the last time?" Sebastian asked the question she so desperately didn't want him to ask.

Embarrassed, her shoulders shrugged before hanging low. "Eh, I don't remember." That was a half truth, she had been so high on various pills that she didn't remember the whole thing.

Sebastian knew she was lying but he didn't press for the truth. "I'm sure that you will do amazing. Are you going to want to go to the after party?"

Mason immediately shook her head. "No, I don't want to go. But you should! I'm sure it would be fun, I don't want you to not go because I'm not."

"I have no reason to be there if you're not there." He didn't mean it in a flirty way, he was very serious. But either way, both their cheeks blushed.

Small talk filled the limo after that, plans on what they would do after the awards show filled the conversation.

Too soon they arrived at the show, and the size of it was double then the movie premiere back in May. Mason's stomach immediately filled with both anxiety and nerves, but she told herself to relax.

Sebastian stood beside her, a reassuring hand on the small of her back. He tried his best not to move to close to her, to act friendly. But he knew his presence close to her relaxed her in the large crowd and he didn't want her to get another panic attack. 

As soon as the blinding lights of the cameras flashed, Mason wished that she was back home in bed. She longed for her blankets and Netflix and the action of doing completely nothing.

It wasn't until they stopped and smiled for a few photos that Mason realized they looked like a couple. The idea of them being together brought butterflies to her stomach and a blush on her cheeks.

"Oh my God." Mason muttered as she looked at who was arriving now. "Sebastian. That's Jessica Lange."

His eyes glanced over to where the older actress was, but he didn't pay too much attention to her. His eyes and thoughts were only consumed of Mason and how nice she smelt standing so close to him.

Then her fingernails dug into his arm in a tight grip. "Oh my fuck that's Lady Gaga."

Sebastian laughed and tugged Mason along. "Come on, the quicker we go the closer we'll get to getting off this carpet."

Mason nodded, her eyes lingering on one of her favorite artists. "Fine but I want her autograph."

It didn't take them very long to enter the theater and find their seats. They were towards the front, scattered among many other celebrities. Their seats were comfortable and soft, and both Mason and Sebastian leaned closer to each other.