xxiv.

xxiv. REGRET

MOST her nightmares consisted of the same thing. Not even a nightmare, a flashback. One all too real.

The one gunshot that changed it all for her. When white turned into red and life faded into death. Her mother.

Every time the shot touched her mother, it was as if she could feel the pain, except ten times more painful. It felt like she was getting ripped apart. Mari woke up screaming each time.

Usually she would be alone in the darkness. This time a slouched figure sat in the infirmary with her. Lack of light made it hard to see, but the posture easily made it obvious who it was.

Mari's voice cracked before she could even say anything. She didn't know what to say.

"Are you okay?" Yoongi asked once, softly. He got up from his chair, watching her try to sit up. Words wouldn't work with her today, Xiaoling nodded.

"Who's side are you on?" He asked next, sitting back down at the chair closest to her. Then she could see his face. He didn't look tired, but clearly didn't have the life in his face that the man usually did. Something was wrong.

"This is becoming a war now." Oh she knew well what it was about to become. They had a choice, a delicate one. Turn her in to the Golden Dragon, or resist their attempts. If they did, a war would break out between the gangs.

The Golden Dragon were brutal and merciless. All would be wiped out instantly, there was no doubting it.

"I know." She whispered. "I...I always used to wonder what I would do if this day came. Over the years I formed a plan. A big one for me, but much smaller if I used your help."

"You think Seokjin will even agree?" He rested his head back. "You lied to us."

"I did what I had to do to keep myself safe."

"That was pretty selfish of you then, joining us even when you knew who you were."

"I didn't realize my father would come looking for me so soon."

"You acted a lot more stupid than I accounted you for." Yoongi sounded disappointed. "What was this then? Just an emotional decision? You missed being in a gang despite all the shit they made you deal with in China."

Mari lifted her chin up. "Maybe it was a stupid decision. But I don't regret meeting you all."

He scoffed under his breath, getting up. "I'm starting to wonder if I should."

a/n: sorry for the late update :( on the bright side, im becoming more free to update heehe