xviii.

xviii. THE GOLDEN DRAGON

SO maybe it was important. Hoseok sat down for the meeting with Mr. Bang along with the others in their private room of the bar. He was one of the last to show up, though still on time.

If Seokjin was considered mysterious, he was a sheet of glass compared to Mr. Bang. None of them knew how to predict their boss. He was the best at the criminal business, and made sense why he had his title.

"Usually I wouldn't waste your time unless it's very important." Mr. Bang started, opening the manilla folder sitting on the table. "But it is important. Rather than following the orders of cessation from a rich and anonymous person, we know who our request comes from this time. And they are very powerful. Heard of the Golden Dragon?"

All seven men shifted uncomfortably in their seats. They were well aware of the Golden Dragon, the most ruthless mafia of China. The Black Pearl and them had a respectable relationship with each other, carried no bad blood. That would be a wrong choice to make, if they were to ever cross them. The Golden Dragon was very powerful, like Mr. Bang explained. Hoseok wasn't scared of much, but they were definitely on the list.

"Their leader is looking for his heir." Their boss continued. "They run their business as the familial type. He had a child long ago, who should be around your age."

"Her name is Kei Xiaoling. Her father has a hunch that she resides here in Seoul, and wants us to return her to him."

"Are there any pictures of her?"

"Unfortunately; no. Xiaoling was kept in the dark for much of her childhood until she mysteriously disappeared for safety reasons. Not many of the Golden Dragon even know that she exists, or that she's the legitimate heir. They would like us to find her immediately."

"I know you don't usually work on these type of missions, and I am aware we have other people who are well equipped for this. But, I think you seven are also well qualified." His eyes met Hoseok's momentarily. "You all exceed my expectations in many ways."

Despite the sweet words of encouragement from their boss, Hoseok's wheels were already turning. In a population of thousands, how were they supposed to find Golden Dragon's princess, Kei Xiaoling?

Jae wouldn't realize until later that she was a lot closer than he expected.

a/n: so now the plot is introduced :3