vii.

vii. BLACK BENTLEY

SHE supposed she liked some attention. Xiaoling was the type to hide under the lights, but then smile about it later on. Mari was strange like that.

She didn't easily accept dares, though she wouldn't have a problem doing them. No one took into account of how much bolder she was compared to any of them. Mari was just the smart girl who didn't like to be bothered. Students didn't think bad about her, just indifferent like all the others.

Maybe that's what caused her to fall into her boss' words so easily. He was the few, including Yi Lina, who chose to bother the one who didn't want to be bothered.

Her dark eyes recognized a familiar man lounging against the side of his car. It was expensive— latest edition Bentley — just parked against the front lot of their main campus building. She was just leaving her last class, about to head to her dorm, when the familiar man caught her eye.

And evidently several others as well. They watched unashamedly, people were so nosy these days, as Mari made hurried steps down the staircase and towards him.

"What are you doing here? I never told you where I go to school—"

"You didn't." Yoongi responded plainly, glanced above her and around at the students filing to their rooms. "But we know how to get our information."

"Should I be worried?"

She saw something light up in his eyes, shortly after followed a small smile. He didn't seem like the type to smile a lot, especially around strangers, Mari took this as a good sign.

"No." He mumbled, then gestured for her to get inside. Xiaoling arched a brow, but didn't argue, getting inside without a further word.

🍷

"You said you were a mafia, pray tell me what exactly do you do?"

Yoongi didn't know how to explain it to her, without being blunt about it.

"Assassins. We kill people."

"For money." She finished, nodding with a small chuckle. "I had a hunch that's what you were doing anyways."

"Were we that obvious?"

"You guys didn't tell me what it is that you do right away, and it seemed so particular who Seokjin chose for your...plan. It seemed like secret, and what could be more secret than killing people behind their back?"

"You are a lot smarter than you look."

"I get that a lot." She turned her eyes back to the road ahead of them. "Is it just you six?"

"No. We're a very large group, divided into different sub-units. Ours consists of thirteen or so people, you just happened to meet some of the ones who actually execute the assassination plans."

"So you pull the trigger."

"Yes." She saw a glimpse of his teeth form into another simple smile. "There's still someone else you haven't met though, he's kinda' interesting."

She hummed in response. "Okay."

"Be careful with him." Yoongi warned. "Jae has a testy temper, I'd watch what you say around him."

Mari nodded again. "I wouldn't put it past you. Every group has that loose canon don't they?"

Yoongi turned to look at her for a second. Loose canon. Hoseok wasn't a loose canon...but he wasn't sure how else to describe him.