v.

v. NIGHT WALK

FOUR Seasons Hotel. In Andong. That's where Seokjin had told them the party would take place. Clicking his laptop shut, Hoseok got up from his seat. Yoongi, who had been sitting across from him in the living room, glanced up.

"I'm going for a run." Hoseok responded without sparing his hyung a glance, and reached for his shoes. Yoongi nodded, turning back to his screen. He knew Hoseok wasn't a guy to sit still for very long. If he wanted to think, he would run. Or go for a long drive. Fidgety. Couldn't sit still.

It wasn't a flaw in Jae's eyes. He didn't really understand how some could stay in one spot for hours on repeat, or even days, just doing nothing. Like those office jobs. He would be caught dead if he was ever to work that kind of life.

Not him. That wasn't his lifestyle, and he felt very content with his current one. Of course he was scared of death, but the satisfaction of seeing the life fade away from others wasn't one Hoseok knew how to ascribe in words.

It wasn't pleasure. But never had it ever brought on a weight in his conscience. Maybe he liked it, but he definitely didn't care if he killed someone. That type of thought was what made him more dangerous than the rest. He wasn't worried about killing people, he would do it if it was necessary and not bother to bat an eyelid.

If Namjoon asked him to shoot someone, he would do it.

That's what made him one of their more dangerous weapons in Black Pearl.

🍷

It was dark out. Mari had most of her classes throughout the day, she only ever left her dorm when it was dark. Something about the nighttime felt comforting to her.

So she was walking, still dressed in her uniform from the bar. Her hair was loose though, the top few buttons of her shirt undone.

Seokjin had told her everything would be taken care of. But she needed to meet him at some certain location on a Saturday afternoon, a day which she had no classes. Supposedly there were a few people she was to meet.

His short conversations towards her had many of her co-workers confused. Seokjin hardly spoke to any of his staff unless it was their manager. She usually conveyed his messages directed to them, like a messenger.

Xiaoling could say that she liked him now. The man himself wasn't awful, he just dealt with his business and was on his way.

The other day they had engaged in a conversation well past closing time. She still didn't know him well enough, but Mari liked his smile, how his attitude changed the atmosphere around him instantly.

"Hello?"

"Xiaoling, where are you?" She could head Lina's slightly concerned voice over the receiving end, then smiled.

"I'm not your roommate still, remember? I have my own place now."

"I know that." She scoffed. "Usually you call whenever you get back from work."

"I'm on my way back right now." Mari explained, two fingers twiddling with her black hair. "Happy?"

"Okay. Be safe."

"You're not my mom."

"I'm your friend. I can still worry." Xiaoling knew that Lina was aware of why she moved out. And perhaps her friend felt bad about it.

Technically, Yi Lina had driven her out of that apartment. Her constant talk of a boyfriend. Maybe this was her way of saying sorry—being concerned about her all the time.

But Mari didn't need people worrying about her. She just needed someone who would be willing to do her a favor occasionally here and there. Someone who was exciting, had a thrill in their life.

Someone not boring.

She felt a chill suddenly, goosebumps freckling along her arms. Xiaoling always felt like this whenever someone was...

She turned. It didn't seem like an outright stalker, but someone certainly had been watching her.

Not this again.

Blinking once, she turned her head back, and continued to walk alongside the sidewalk.

yi lina

kei xiaoling
you don't mind dropping off
some noodles at my place
do you?

yi lina
it'll be there before you get
home

He had been sitting on the bus bench across the street. There you could get a view of the whole block, all the way down to the corner end, where Seokjin's Black Pearl stood. They—she didn't know who they were, since it was dark out and she couldn't see very well—probably had seen her leave from work. And had been watching.

Normally Kei Mari would've confronted them, demanded to know what they were doing, but not tonight. She already had several things on her mind, a simple person watching her from a bus bench wasn't going to make her drop everything.

Besides, it wouldn't be the first time.