ii.

ii. GIRL

HOSEOK didn't appreciate it much when people called him by his actual name. He didn't like it at all, in fact. Detested it. He had a short temper in turn, so that never turned out well.

Jung Hoseok often went by the name 'Jae'. It was his Americanized name, it suited his face. So he went with it. The man was a cunning, deceitful trickster. He was a prevalent name in the criminal society—mafias they called it.

South Korean Mafia, called the Black Pearl. He wasn't a leader—Jae didn't lead—but he was a destroyer. With a fiery temper, he was probably one of the more dangerous ones out of them all. Hard to tame, once he was set on something it was almost improbable to get him out of his hell-bent ways.

They went by that name, Black Pearl, because it's where they met almost every night. At the expensive bar with the same name. The owner was a member of the gang itself, so it made for an easy way reconvening spot.

Most called him a hot head. But he had his own reasons to his unrestrained anger. Hoseok always thought out everything he did, every move he made. He watched everyone, always was thinking. Trying to be a step or two ahead of who he was trying to figure out. Maybe predict their words before they were going to say it.

The only source of a bond he had to humans were Black Pearl. He had been with them for many years. Almost like a family, but they didn't bother him with his personal life or background. They didn't bother him, he didn't bother them. But they were ride or die.

It's the way they operated.

Sitting himself in the familiar leathered stools of the bar, his sharp eyes found themselves on the familiar bartender who always seemed to be there whenever he was.

A girl. She seemed like a college student, by the way she looked around the room, she didn't seem like a low-life. Her hands were fidgety too, she must be a smart one then, if she was always keeping herself busy with something.

Probably studying.

Long dark hair. She tied it up into a ponytail, a few wavy strands framing her face. Her facial features were soft, everything except for her eyes.

"How can I help you sir?"

Sir. He tried not to scoff. She was probably one of the only employees who used that kind of formality here. Most of the time they wouldn't even address them, just asked what they would like to order.

Her eyes were trained on him. He could tell she was thinking too, she probably recognized him by now considering the fact that he was almost always here.

She probably was trying to figure out exactly who he was. Was he here for business? Was he some man interested in the bordello-like offers they had here? Or did he just like to drink?

Maybe a little of all three.

"I'll have a 39." Jae responded plainly, resting his chin into the palm of his right hand. He'd watch her put together his drink unashamedly, watching her back turn to him, watch her arms reach up to grab the tall bottle, then reach for another glass.

She probably was bored with her job. He'd find himself looking back to her eyes. They were dark, much like his. He found a thrill in his life though, it seemed like she was lacking some.

How funny he could tell a whole lot already from just watching the girl silently work. They hadn't even engaged in a proper conversation once. Hoseok enjoyed reading people, it made him wonder in fascination how humans were so incredibly translucent.

So clear. Like glass.

He felt like he was smoke and mirrors.

"A tall glass of Domaine G. Roumier Amoureuses," The bartender flashed a flirtatious smile at him for a moment, whilst taking out the tall wine bottle from the shelf. "Premier Cru. Coming up."

The smile was fake, and Hoseok wanted to laugh again. It's like they forced her to conform into that kind of attitude. Stranger enough, he'd much rather see how she actually was like.

"Most don't bother to pronounce the whole name."

She didn't respond to his remark, which was strange to him. His hand rested under his lips. Maybe she didn't know what to say. What would she say anyways? Perhaps she wasn't trying to get involved with any of the customers.

Good on her though, he was probably one the people she was better off staying away from.

a/n: haha whenever i write 'jae' i think of day6

STAN DAY6

and thank you guys for your comments, they really motivate me to update and write skskks ❤️❤️