viii.

viii. NUMBER 39

SO there were several girls here. Yoongi had said earlier that they were a large force, but failed to mention how many women worked here.

When she first stepped inside the building, some of them glanced her way. A lot of them did actually, for Min Yoongi was the one who escorted her rather than anyone else.

She supposed they really were the big shots here. Yet, Mari still wondered why she wasn't the slightest bit intimidated by any of them.

Maybe Seokjin a bit, but all she saw him as was her boss. Nothing else. That's probably how everyone else viewed these six men.

Their bosses.

"Who's in charge of this whole gang? I get that you six—"

"Seven." Yoongi corrected. "There's seven of us."

"seven," She restated. "You seven are in charge of the assassinations portion. What about the whole gang with everything combined?"

"I can't tell you that." He smiled. "But just call him Mr. Bang."

Mr. Bang.

"Some things are confidential here." He side-smirked her. "You're not an official part of the Black Pearl, are you?"

"I work at the bar?" She joked halfheartedly, onsetting a laugh from his behalf.

"Very funny." Then glanced down at his phone. "Feel free to look around. I have something I need to attend to for now. If anyone asks, just tell them who you are. Everyone's already been notified of your arrival."

"Didn't know you guys talked about Kei Mari outside of that small meeting." She called out as he turned to leave her.

Yoongi scoffed. "Only because Seokjin likes you so much."

She turned away from him with a beam. Of course Seokjin liked her, it's news that she knew, but still wouldn't mind hearing again.

Ooh. Xiaoling could smell coffee. Was there a cafe here?

Sadly not, she saw just down the corner was the refreshment room. With a coffee pot currently in use. She shrugged it off, then entered the room, reaching for a hot cup.

"So, you're Kei Mari."

She turned her head, making eye contact with the man currently using the machine. A glimmer of recognition passed him, but he seemingly shrugged it off.

"Who wants to know." She responded just as enigmatically, resting her back against the counter. Mari held her empty cup.

"Call me Jae."

"Number 39." She remarked, sliding past him. He turned just as fast, watching her with a narrowing of his eyes.

"So you are the bartender who Seokjin is so fond of."

"Something like that, yes."

"What is it then? Did he fall in love with you?"

She smirked. "That would be nice I guess, a mafia member in love with me, but no, that's not what happened."

"I just find it hard to believe a random...girl would just waltz inside our headquarters."

"I suppose we didn't meet when the rest of your team met me." She poured herself a cup of coffee. "Kei Mari. I'm a college student, who works at Seokjin's bar. He asked me to do him a favor, which I'm sure you're well associated with. Once I agreed, Yoongi drove me here. And here we are."

"It would be a shame if you and I didn't get along." Mari continued, taking a sip. "A team is no good if one person found fault with the other."

Jae caught her arm before she could successfully leave the room.

"I would watch the way you talk, new girl. That mouth of yours won't get you anywhere. And I don't like girls with a smart mouth."

Mari freed her arm from his grip. "Well then Number 39, I don't think you'll like me very much at all."

She was all grins on her way out. Hoseok watched her leave, before letting out a low exhale.

a/n: she calls him 'Number 39' because that's the drink he always orders at Jin's bar :)