xi.

xi. JEONG HEEJIN

The least all of you could do is give just a little respect.

THOSE words were left in his head ever since she uttered them. That's what he thought about when he shot that rich bachelor in his office room a few minutes after Mari had brushed past him. Just over and over again.

The least all of you could do is give just a little respect.

Hoseok didn't understand why those words stuck with him, it was just her getting annoyed with their behavior. Maybe he just wasn't used to girls talking back to him.

But, he didn't talk to many girls in the first place. And even around others, people didn't try to talk back to him, unless it was Namjoon or Seokjin.

"Where are you going?" A female voice mumbled groggily, he turned momentarily, eyes lazing over Heejin's drowsy form which originally he had been lying next to.

"I have work." He responded back, buttoning up his shirt. Then reached for his phone. Heejin hummed in response, then smiled.

"Jae, I know you're thinking about her."

"Who?"

"Kei Mari." She whispered her name like a newfound secret. The light haired girl then grinned, the shininess in her dark eyes glimmering in the daylight. "She's interesting isn't she?"

That girl seemed to follow him wherever he went. Sooner or later, Hoseok would start to get annoyed.

"You too?" He scoffed. "Heejin, I thought you didn't like her."

"Didn't like her?" It was her turn to laugh. "I don't know what you're thinking, but I definitely like her. You know me, I always put on that bitch attitude to newbies."

"Besides," The girl smirked. "She would be one of the first to have you riled up so easily."

Jung Heejin in all honesty, wasn't a bad person. She was a bit crazy, and made all the new people fear her until she was fast to save their asses during some violent exchange. The two of them weren't in a relationship, nor would they ever be.

Heejin knew he wasn't her type, and the same went for him. She knew him almost as well as Jae's other six friends, but even then, she wasn't allowed to call him by his original name. It was complicated. She was close but not close enough.

That's how Hoseok always associates himself with other people.

"There is a reason that we all have this weird fascination for that new girl." Heejin continued, her voice humming behind him. Hoseok tried to dismiss it, tuning her out, but it was hard.

"You'll realize soon enough."

a/n: is this book getting boring, i promise that their relationship will build up :")

but i think you might like the next chapter hehe