xvii.

xvii. SEXUALITY

THE air changed ever since that Friday afternoon Mari spent in Jae's car. However, the two managed to somehow set it aside, and focus on the bigger and more important things ahead of them.

But still, what happened in his car just couldn't leave his mind. Whenever Hoseok wasn't busy with something, his mind would revert back to it. It was so strange, thinking of how he just randomly kissed a girl he hardly knew.

Well, she kissed him. But he kissed her back.

Hoseok sighed. This was so confusing.

"You look so out of it." Seokjin snorted. "That's unlike you Jung."

"I know." He responded lowly, pressing his in ear more into the snug cushion of his ear. His dark eyes glanced Jin's way momentarily, then turned back to the busy crowd drowned in purple and blue lights. He could see Mari performing from how far back they were.

"Is she supposed to be doing that?" Hoseok questioned, noticing how she had gotten off the stage, while the music was still running. It was supposedly an instrumental interlude, but the crowd made it hard for him to see what exactly she was doing.

Moments later, she resurfaced, eyes lingering on a certain table near the stage. She was smiling more than before.

"That's where our target is." Namjoon hummed, pointing. "Where Mari just was."

He furrowed his eyebrows. "Isn't she just supposed to perform?"

"I asked her to do something additional this time." Jin explained, leaning against the wall more comfortably. "Get him distracted. His men and him are aware of the fact that certain rich bachelors are getting murdered at fancy parties."

"So, he decided to throw one as well?" Jungkook snorted. "I'm telling you, they might be smart when it comes to money, but I know if i was in this situation, the last thing I would do is host a part filled with hundreds of people."

"He did contemplate on that, I think." Yoongi shrugged. "But, he just sealed a huge business deal. He wanted to celebrate, but he has extra security on him here. That's why we had that trouble trying to get in here."

Hoseok did remember that account. It was annoying really, and the only reason they successfully entered the venue was because of Kei Mari. The security guards were suspicious of how many people they had brought as entertainment. Hoseok was going to shoot the man for asking way too many questions, but Mari quickly stopped him, and made up some excuse of what role each member played.

It was actually quite smart, how she thought of that story on the spot.

"Something additional?" Hoseok craned his neck to look at the target. "Well, I can't wait until we kill this guy and go home. I'm tired."

2 AM. But Mari was far from tired. She just found out that her and Jungkook had similar music tastes, and the two couldn't stop listening to one of their favorite artists' new releases. But later on, when Jungkook got a phone call from someone and eagerly left the lounge to go answer it, Mari got up to make herself some coffee.

"Where did Jungkook go?" Jimin questioned, looking to Mari. She shrugged.

"He got a phone call and left instantly."

"Oh." He smirked, sharing a lOoK with Yoongi. "Must be Nana."

"Nana?"

"Kookie's best friend." Yoongi overemphasized, snorting. "I'm pretty sure he likes her. We call her Nana."

"Does she know that he's a—"

"No." Jimin shook his head. "We don't like to disclose that information."

She nodded. "Makes sense." Raising the blue mug to her lips, Mari took a slow sip, watching as the lounge door reopened. She expected it to be Jungkook, but was not surprised when Jae entered the room instead.

"There you are." Namjoon set down his phone. "Mr. Bang has a meeting with us tomorrow."

"Really?" He arched a brow, taking a seat at what was originally Mari's seat. She scowled momentarily at his back, then shrugged it off. "He hardly asks to meet unless it's really important."

"Mari, have you considered getting our emblem?" Seokjin posed, glancing up at her. "You know, you might not be completely useless to us if you join."

The first question that popped in her mind was, "Am I getting paid?"

Taehyung laughed, resting a hand against the armrest. He found it amusing that money was always the sealing deal for her. "Yes, you get paid. We all are paid very well as you can tell."

"Then sure, why not." Mari shrugged. "I don't have much to lose anyways. But on one condition; my schoolwork always comes first. I don't care if you need me to do anything, but if I have a test the following day, I will not be of assistance."

This time Yoongi laughed.

"I like her choice of priorities." Namjoon responded, and she noticed the ghost of a smile that spread across Seokjin's face. Her boss nodded.

"That won't be a problem."

Mari set the mug down into the sink, rinsing it clean. She started to wonder how Jeong Heejin joined the Black Pearl. Each member seemed to have their own interesting story to tell.

She wasn't far from that either. In fact, Mari's backstory was quite a story, but one she did not like to talk about. It's why she moved to Korea in the first place.

"You know Mari, we don't usually flirt with our targets during a mission."

Jae's snarky remark caused the girl to turn, and Yoongi tried not to burst into laughter at the silent glare she shot at his back.

"I noticed you were quite far back in the audience, Jae. Didn't think you stared at me enough to notice."

He turned instantly, both of them sharing the same glare.

"Try to stay professional when you're working with us."

"I'll do whatever the hell I want." Mari fired back, setting the rug roughly on the table. Seokjin cleared his throat.

"Aish, you two. Stop fighting all the time."

"They like each other." Namjoon remarked, the boy and girl turned to him. "That's why they're always getting irritated with each other."

Yeah, Mari was well aware of that already.

"I'm going home now." She announced, grabbing her jacket. "Good night."

"I'll drive you." Hoseok offered, but was surprised when Mari turned him down. She left without a further word, the last thing he saw was her shiny black hair disappearing behind a corner.