xiv.

xiv. SHOOT

"YOU confuse me so much." Mari grumbled, taking a gun from Heejin's hands. The older girl smiled in response.

"I know."

Apparently, the Jeong Heejin had liked Mari this whole time. And to think she thought this two-faced bitch hated her. Heejin admitted that it was just a front she pulled on newcomers, especially if they were girls. She always watched to see how they would take on a little roughing, and Mari had surprisingly responded very well to it.

Heejin wanted to teach Kei Mari how to use a gun. She claimed that it was key to self defense for her, in case they ever were to land in any trouble during an assignment. Mari saw the rationale in it.

"I showed you the stance. You should practice shooting some targets." She suggested, sticking a hand into her hoodie. "I'm gonna' go get myself an energy drink. You just fire away."

"You're really going to leave me in here alone with a gun?" Mari arched a brow. "I'm not even a part of whatever you guys are."

"Mafia." Heejin responded plainly. "Yeah, yeah whatever Mari. I know you wouldn't dare shoot any of us. We're already friends."

Those last words of Heejin's were left ringing in her ears as the girl left the shooting range.

Friends.

She supposed they were. In the few months of working with Seokjin on this, she had gotten closer with his teammates. They were all a nice way to waste time together.

She liked the youngest, Jeon Jungkook, a lot. When he wasn't bashing someone's head out, he carried a strange innocence which the rest of them did not have. He liked to play video games, even had a TV set up for it in his office. Mari would be lying if she were to say that she hadn't spent countless late evenings watching him play. His reactions were priceless, and he knew how to entertain someone.

Kim Taehyung's brain worked differently than the other six. When they weren't working, Mari would catch him reading a book — like an actual hardcover book — rather than watching TV or taking a nap. If asked to, he could weave the most intricate and detailed stories on the spot. A really smooth talker. He also really liked his dog.

Park Jimin was a fashionista. He enjoyed shopping, since the man was already rich from the beginning, and liked to waste his time at the gym or at a shopping complex. If he couldn't drag anyone with him on one of his outings, he'd force Mari without a single protest. She didn't mind in all honesty, for her it was hilarious how he was a chick magnet wherever he went. Maybe it was his clothes, or the pink hair. It didn't even have to be girls, even guys were attracted to his whole essence. Mari would say she was too, in the slightest, but she knew that Jimin was very particular in his taste of a partner. He didn't mind what gender they were or how they looked, his only important factor was their personality. And she respected a man with a true taste.

She also respected intellectuals. She would admit that all of them were intelligent in their own aspects, but Kim Namjoon had to be the intellectual of the seven. He didn't like to showcase his emotions much — like her — he was more closed off. Not exactly an introvert though, he just liked to be quiet. He observed everything around him, he managed to pick up that fiddling with her fingers was a nervous habit of hers within five minutes of being in a room together. He said he was currently a college student like her, trying to get a degree. The others seemed to be done with their studies, but Namjoon wanted to go a little further before stopping.

Mari didn't have much to say about her boss, Kim Seokjin. He still showed her his professional side, which she did as well. According to Jungkook, however, Seokjin was the craziest one out of them all. Apparently he had a really weird laugh.