CHAPTER FIFTEEN

(EDITED)

"STAY AS MY FRIEND"

---------

"Are you okay?" Laurenette asked worriedly.

They went to a park and sat on one of the benches.

Taehyung didn't say a word after hearing what really happened to his father.

He was looking at  nowhere, with an emotionless face.

He felt very empty inside. As if all his hopes to have both his parents and a complete happy family back have faded. His dream, which was the main reason why he tried hard to enter show business and also the main reason why he has lost his bestfriends, has shattered.

Laurenette saw his wan smile.

"Why does it have to be like this?" He said smiling. But behind that smile, Laurenette knew, was a tormenting pain inside his heart.

"I thought I'm mad at him, for leaving us behind without even a single word. But why... why am I hurting this much? It hurts like hell." He said with a shaky voice but still, his fake smile was still drawn on his face.

Laurenette can feel his pain, so much.

"Same thing happened to me." Laurenette said making V stop and stare at her.

"Have you forgotten? My Dad left us behind too."

V flinched, then listened to her attentively.

"You're lucky your Dad's gone because he fought for you. He knew what he's done was wrong, but he did it out of his love for you. Unlike my Dad, he never even hesitated to turn his back on us. He never even thought about me, growing up without a father. See? You're lucky." Laurenette smiled at him.

V looked down, what she said did not quite make him feel better.

And he cried even more.

"He really didn't have to kill anybody for me or anyone!! No one asked him to do that!! Do you get it?! Why do you say I'm lucky when I have a father who's murdered my ex-girlfriend's parents?! Am I supposed to be proud?! Is that what you think?!!" He yelled at Laurenette.

Laurenette winced and was surprised when he flipped out, but she made it to understand him.

Instead of yelling back at him, she held his hand consolingly.

"I know how you feel. Trust me. I know better." She said smoothly.

V calmed down and delt repentant immediately.

Laurenette hugged him tight.

"When I lost my Dad, I felt so mad at him just as you are right now to your father."

She started caressing his back.

V started whimpering on her shoulder. He hugged her back tightly, feeling sorry for getting mad at her all of a sudden.

"There's not a single day I haven't cried for him. Then I lost Jungkook, and I felt so weak that I wanted to give up on life already. But then my Mom told me, 'Stop crying Lauren. In this life you will have to lose something special to you. But don't think that your life is over. Because everything you'll lose, will be replaced by something more special by fate." Laurenette smiled. "I think I understand that now. Because you came to my life, Taehyung. You came to my life as their replacement, and I am happy about it."

V then whimpered louder. He hugged her tighter he never did to anyone before.

"Always remember. Your father died and did all those things because he loved you like hell. And a love like hell could hurt so bad and could make you do anything for the sake of the person you love, but that's because it's real and intense. It's a kind of love that could kill you, but with no regrets." Laurenette said.