》SEQUEL: ☆PART 5☆

JUNGKOOK'S POV

"Here, drink this. Perhaps it can make you feel better." I said placing the glass of milk on top of my nightstand.

She was sitting in my bed. I told her to sleep here tonight and promised her that I won't tell Taehyung about it.

She kept saying that she doesn't wanna see him for a while. I still don't know what exactly has happened.

They've broken up. That's the only thing I know.

But it was a relief for me that she finally stopped crying.

She cried for quite so long. I even had to change my shirt because it was soaked with her tears.

I don't know what time is it now, but I think it's already twelve midnight or one in the morning. That's the longest time I hugged her, I guess.

I snapped out of my thoughts when she gave me a wan smile.

"Thanks." She said.

I felt a shot of pain in my heart for a second, hearing her brittle voice.

I just hate it every time I see her hurting. It hurts me too.

I laughed in my mind.

I'm so ridiculous. Ridiculously pathetic to be precise.

I thought I'm over her. Why do I feel so terribly sympathetic?

'This is your chance'

Yura's voice kept playing in my mind.

My chance?

Is it a right thing to do?

'You're only taking back what's originally yours.'

But that's...

"And I'm sorry..." She said apologetically, cutting me off from my deep thoughts.

I sat down on the edge of my bed beside her.

I looked down her hand.

I want to hold her hand so badly.

I want to, hold those warm and soft hands of hers again. I want to.

But the ring she was wearing seemed to be so territorial, telling me I can't.

Because she's getting married.

Married?

Can I... can I live well after that?

"For what?" I asked, clenching my hands into fists as I looked away from her hands.

"For running to you. I know I shouldn't have done this. Crying on your shoulder, tss. I'm such an idiot. I hurt you didn't I? I'm sorry. I think I shall leave then..."

She was about to stand up but I held her wrist.

"It's okay. Really. You don't have to be sorry, Ren. I've been feeling that way for three years now. I'm getting used to it. So, there's nothing to worry. I'm fine." I said smiling at her.

She looked at me worriedly.

"I'm sure, Laurenette. I'm fine." I said reassuringly.