CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

[EDITED]

----

LAURENETTE's POV

I don't know how to feel.

Why is he here? What is he doing with her? When I was trying to reach him, is he not answering it on purpose? Did he just realize he hasn't moved on from her yet? Does he still love her?

What am I supposed to assume?

Whatever his reason was, he's hurting me. Why is this is happening again for f*ck's sake.

I couldn't look into his eyes. I know he's looking at me but I just can't look back at him.

My tears are blurring my vision, and I just can't swallow the lump at the back of my throat. This is unbelievable.

"Laurenette..."

I let myself cry terribly when I heard his sorry voice.

Jungkook was about to flip out when I held his wrist to stop him.

Then when I finally mustered up enough strength, I looked at him in the eyes and forced a smile.

"I...I was worried about you when you disappeared..." I turned to look at Christine who was having an apologetic look on her face.

I could see guilt.

This is ridiculous as hell.

"But I guess I worried for nothing."

He didn't speak. He didn't even try to explain. And I think he has no plan to say something in his defense though, since I saw it already with my own two eyes.

I looked at him and he was looking away, emotionlessly.

I turned to face Jungkook. "Let's hang out next time." I said with a brittle voice and faked a smile at him.

He looked at me sympathetically.

I smiled wider as I wipe the tears on my cheeks.

"I'll walk you back home." Jungkook said weakly.

I couldn't say no. I just can't utter even a single word; I'm afraid I'll sound defeated.

"Laurenette..."

Jungkook and I stopped when Christine called out my name.

I waited for what she wanted to say without turning around.

Only Jungkook can see how much tears are now coming out from my eyes, and it's so uncomfortable for me.

"Thank you, for everything you did for Taehyung."

Her words just increased the weight of my already heavy heart. I couldn't almost breathe.

I continued walking with my shaking feet.

Did I just, get fooled for the second time around?

This kind of pain is almost similar to the pain I felt when Jungkook broke up with me with that same girl now by his side; the only difference is...this seems to be more painful... so painful that I can't take it anymore.

Then I walked away. I wanted him to stop me, I wanted him to grab my hand, I wanted him to at least tell me it was only a prank, that none of these is real.

But I doubt he even looked at me while I walk away.

--

"I can go home alone." I told Jungkook not looking at him.