CHAPTER EIGHT

[THIS IS AN EDITED PART]

"SHE DOES"

-----------------

It was weekend. Laurenette and V were invited by Christine to her birthday party.

Laurenette was surprised when Christine invited her. They're not even close. Not even friends. But then she thought she would be rude if she said no.

Elisha was against it, but she didn't listen to her.

But V was very aware with the fact that Christine invited them for a reason. It's just one of her sick games again, he thought. But no matter what, V promised to himself that he will never let anything happen to Laurenette.

Casual wear was enough. V was waiting for her to come down the stairs. Just like a groom waiting for his bride.

It may be unbelievable for everyone especially for Laurenette, but her mom liked V in just a short period of time. He was just so desperate to prove himself to her, that he is not a bad guy. That he won't be just like the other guys who left them.

"Ma'am, I guess your daughter is trying hard to impress me." V joked to Mrs. Park who is also waiting for her daughter to come down.

"Well don't be. I don't like you." Mrs. Park told him offensively, but she made sure that V can note the sarcasm there.

So V only let out a chuckle.

"By the way, is that friend of yours, is it Christine?" She asked.

V answered yes.

"I've never heard of her from my daughter. Who is she?"

V lowered down his head to think of an answer to say.

He thought that she will not be happy once she knew about the truth. That Christine was Jungkook's girlfriend.

So he answered, "She's a friend we just met." He replied smiling to his ears.

Mrs. Park then nodded.

Few minute more and V was starting to feel uneasy.

"Ma'am, don't you think she's way too slow?" V pouted.

"Until when do I have to wait?" He added.

Mrs. Park almost let out a giggle.

"I'm done!!!" Laurenette said as she walked down the staircase.

V looked at her and was amused by her evolution. She looked beautiful in that blue dress, he thought.

He was smiling as he looks at her.

She was only wearing a very simple blue dress and a light make-up, with her hair simply straightened, but she already looked very beautiful in his eyes.

V felt something weird kicking in his heart. He tried to ignore it, because it was out of his league.

Or perhaps he was just confused.

Mrs. Park hit V's arm, snapping him out of his thoughts.

"Wipe off that drool Kim Taehyung." Mrs. Park teased him.

He laughed under his breath and again looked at Laurenette then looked at Mrs. Park.

"Where's Laurenette?" He asked.

They all giggled at his silliness.

"What? You got blinded by my beauty?" Laurenette teased him.