Bringing Peter back *part 3* (Peter Parker)

Start from the beginning

"Peter." His head shot back up and he sighed as Tony stood at the open door. He sniffed, looking back at Y/N before standing up and walking over to Tony. Once Peter reached him, Tony sighed and looked past Peter, at Y/N, before returning his gaze to the boy.

"Listen, kid. What I'm about to say, is one of the hardest things that I've ever had to say." He nodded. Peter's eyes wavered.

"If it's what I think it is, don't you dare say it at all." He scoffed, shaking his head. Tony sighed and looked at him.

"It's been a month, Peter. I know that you love her, so do I, she's like a daughter to me. But we need to start thinking about the possibility that she might not wake up-."

"No, no, Mr Stark, that's not even an option, she's going to wake up, and be fine." The boy choked.

"I want to believe that too, kid, trust me, I do. But she took the full power of all six infinity stones, twice. That damn near killed Thanos, and I know she was more powerful than him, but even Bruce has worked out that it should have killed her." Tony nodded.

"She is more powerful than Thanos. Not was. Is." Peter spat. Tony sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose.

"Look, kid, I'm sorry. I don't want to see you even more hurt, so I thought that I'd better prepare you for the eventuality that, maybe, this is it for Y/N." he spoke gently. Peter shook his head.

"I won't prepare for that. Because it's not what's going to happen." He mumbled, another tear rolling down his cheek as he barged past Tony and stormed towards his room.

Peter sat on the sofa in the common room, staring at his joined hands.

"Maybe we could give her an adrenaline shot?" Steve sighed, all of the Avengers pacing the floor of the common room. The whole team had been trying to think of a way to wake Y/N up for a month now, as Peter had threatened to leave the Avengers if they didn't figure it out. He knew that that was selfish of him, but he didn't know what else to do. He knew that everyone else had come to terms with the fact that Y/N may not wake up, so he was her only remaining chance of finding a solution.

"Steve, she's a superhuman, not a diabetic." Tony scoffed.

"Well, I'm sorry, but we've exhausted all possible solutions. As much as I hate to say it, we need to start thinking that she isn't-."

"Don't say it, the kid can't handle it." Tony mumbled, though Peter still heard. Suddenly, he remembered something. His eyes widened.

"Her eyes." He muttered.

"What was that, kid?" Tony asked. Peter gulped before looking over the back of the sofa and at the rest of the team.

"When she snapped her fingers, her eyes were glowing." He stated.

"Her eyes glowed a lot, how does that help us?" Sam asked.

"Her eyes only glow when she is struggling, the glowing is a sign that the power from the soul stone is helping her to survive. And she must have used a lot to survive when she snapped her fingers." He explained, rising to his feet.

"Sorry, are you suggesting that she just needs a jump start?" Steve scoffed.

"Like a car?" Sam asked.

"That's exactly what I'm suggesting." Peter nodded.

"Actually, I think that that could work. Well, theoretically, anyway, but now in our world, theoretically isn't really a thing anymore." Bruce spoke.

"Do you still have the stones, Tony?" Steve asked. Peter gulped and looked at his mentor, hoping to god that the answer was yes.

"I do, actually. Scott and Hope haven't fixed the van yet, so we don't have a way to get the stones back until that's fixed." Tony nodded.

"Can we do it, then?" Peter asked, slightly excited. Tony sighed.

"Okay. But, kid, you have to be ready if this doesn't work-."

"I will be, I promise, but we need to at least try. This could be Y/N's last hope." He replied, his voice cracking slightly. Tony sighed again, but nodded.

"Alright then. Let's go use the soul stone to jump-start a sixteen-year-old superhuman, like a car." He nodded, making Peter smile and practically race to Y/N's room.

"Okay, nobody move." Tony nodded as they all stood in Y/N's room, in their suits in case something went wrong. Peter gulped, watching the robotic arm that Tony was controlling as it held the soul stone over Y/N's chest.

"Nearly there." Tony mumbled as he lowered the robotic arm.

"And...there." He spoke as the soul stone made contact with Y/N's chest.

Y/N's P.O.V

I gasped and jolted up, my eyes flying open and glowing purple as I felt energy from the soul stone surge through me. I panted, my chest heaving up and down as I took in my surroundings. I looked down and my eyes widened as my entire body was glowing slightly purple. I looked up and gulped as everyone in the team stood there, staring at me with wide eyes.

"Oh, hey, everybody." I panted, catching my breath. My eyes drifted to my side and I choked as Peter stood there.

"Peter?" I whispered.

"It's me, Y/N, it's me. You brought me back." He nodded, rushing to me and taking my face in his hands. I couldn't help but let a whimper slip my lips, the feeling of Peter's hands finally being back on me after all this time slightly overwhelming. Nevertheless, I closed my eyes and touched our foreheads as I put my hands over his.

"How do you feel, kid?" Tony asked. I looked at him.

"Fucking amazing." I smirked, making everyone laugh.

"Peter had the ingenious idea of using the soul stone to give you a little jump-start. So, you can thank Romeo for saving you." Steve chuckled. I bit my lip and smiled at Peter to see him timidly looking at me as he scratched the back of his neck.

"I guess that we're even now, huh." I teased, making him gasp and hold his hand up to his chest in fake offence.

"It wasn't my fault that I got randomly selected to be turned to dust." He chuckled. I returned it.

"Alright, we'll leave you two lovebirds alone. But, um, don't do anything too...intimate, if Y/N was powerful before we gave her more juice, now? Oof." Tony puffed.

"Thanks for that, Mr Stark." I nodded. He chuckled and winked at us before leaving the room. As soon as he left, I took Peter's face and smashed our lips together. His eyes widened slightly but he quickly sunk into it, holding my waist as I wrapped my arms around his neck. I broke the kiss, but kept our lips almost touching as I looked at him.

"I've waited five years to do that." I whispered. Peter smiled and bit his lip, looking into my eyes as he gently took a strand of my hair and tucked it behind my ear.

"I love you, Y/N Y/L/N." he spoke gently.

"I love you too, Peter Parker." I returned. His smile widened as he leant down and pressed our lips together, smirking against my lips as I pulled him onto the bed with me.