Chapter 44.

Seven Years Later

September 18, 1973

"Mommy! Mooomm!"

I groaned and picked my head up, looking at the alarm clock.

6:03 am

I sat up sleepily, trying to recover from my hangover. My head throbbing as I rubbed my eyes.

"What is it baby?"

"Happy Birthday!" He shouted. I winced at the loudness, but smiled at his enthusiasm.

"James it's barely six in the morning." I said hugging him as he climbed on the bed with me.

"I know. But the sooner you wake up, the more time we get to spend the day together." He pouted. I smiled and brushed his hair away from his eyes.

"I know I don't get much days off. But I promise to make this day special okay?"

He nodded and kissed my cheek. I layed back and pulled him down with me.

"Mommy, Julian is coming today!"

My eyes went wide as I sat up quickly and looked at the clock.

"Shit!" I said to myself, springing out of bed. "James, baby get dressed! We were supposed to be at the airport twenty minutes ago!"

He nodded and ran off to his room. I slipped into a short skirt, a long sleeved top that hugged my frame and brushed my hair quickly, putting on makeup. James walked in, messily dressed and his shoes untied. I laughed.

"James, tie your shoes."

"I dunno how!"

I sighed. "We've been through this."

He walked over and sat on the bed, watching me. I tied them and kissed his cheek. Grabbing my purse, I took his hand in mine and pulled him along as we left the building.

..

Ever since The Beatles broke up, things haven't been quite the same. The guys were bitter with each other, money seemed to be an issue with them, credit, personal issues, and divorces. It was a bloodbath with them. But for me, the days flew by easily.

I've been working at Rolling Stone these past few years. Everything's been going well for me. Paul stopped calling about three years ago since he met his wife. I don't even think the others know I exist anymore. John's married Michelle. That was short lived. Divorced. On to a new girl. I tried to avoid any kind of news of his love life. But working for a music magazine, specialising in musicians and the newest gossip, it was wasnt that simple.

James was now six, Julian ten. I missed when Jules was a baby. He still was but, he understood what was going on now. He didnt take sides. He just spoke for himself. Julian's been bugging Cyn to let him stay with me for awhile. I knew he just wanted to come live with me because he knew I got to interview all the "Cool musicians" and meet famous people. I was happy he was interested in my job. I was just nervous he'd want me to take him to New York to see John.

..

Me and James arrived at the airport, running quickly to where Julian sat, twidling his thumbs and looking down at his feet. He smiled when he saw me.

"Julian! Oh my god you're so big!" I smiled. Pulling him into my arms.

"Hi mum! Ye finally came!"

I pulled back and smothered him in kisses. He made a face and wiped his cheeks.

"Mum stop! There's people around!"

"I know Jules I'm just so happy you're here! I'm sorry were late. I was asleep and James woke me up just in time..." I rambled on as we walked to the car. I realised Julian was ignoring me when I looked down to see him and James goofing around and laughing. I smiled as I put his things in the trunk.

He sat in the passengers seat as James sat in the back, rambling on. I turned on the radio as John's voice came on the radio. I was about to change it when Julian pulled my hand away.

"What, I can't listen to him either?" He said sitting back. I rolled my eyes and kept it on, driving in silence, listening to Julian explain to James about John being a big rock n roll star and all.

"So mum, did you get to meet Sabbath??" Julian asked eagerly. I laughed.

"No I havent had the pleasure. Next year their supposed to tour. Since those fuckin bastards canceled their US tour this year." I mumbled. Jules giggled as James looked out the window like a lost puppy.

"So, how's your mother?" I asked.

"Alright I suppose. Cynthia says hello."

I sighed. "How many times have I told not to call her Cynthia? She's your mom. Or mum."

He laughed and turned down the music. "I love it when you try. I know she's my mum but...you've always been there for me more. You and uncle Paul."

I smiled and stopped the vehicle as we arrived at the apartment. "I love you."

"I love you too." He smiled, leaning over to kiss my cheek.

"You hungry?"

"Starved. Oh yeah and...Happy Birthday." He smiled and jumped out of the car. I watched as he held James's hand, walking into the building. I think this was finally the start to a new beginning.

..

The End.