Chapter 43.

Me and Paul stayed up all night talking about Brian, the sudden changes and the effect this was going to have on the band. Paul didn't say it, but I knew he was panicked.

Their manager is no more. The one man that kept them in line. The man who's managed them since their days in the cavern. The man who broke his back to set up tours, interviews, made sure they were ready on time and took time out of his life to make theirs better. He wasn't here no more. So now what?

"I dunno what I'm goin to do. I mean do we go on? What will the others say?? Do we get a new manager?? No, that wouldn't be right. I just..." Paul stayed quiet and shook his head. "I feel lost Lucy."

I scooted closer to him on the sofa and brought him into a hug. He held me tight and sniffled.

"He didn't deserve this." Paul cried. I rubbed his back and held back my own tears.

"Shhh Paul. All we can do is keep moving forward. He would have wanted this."

He pulled back and nodded. I picked his chin up to look at me. I leaned over and pecked his lips.

"I think you should go on. Maybe you and the guys can take things into your own hands. Experiment and show the world that this hasn't slowed you down."

He stroked the side of my face and looked into my eyes. "Why do ye always have the answers?"

I laughed a little and looked down. "I don't. I just have the right words."

He leaned over and kissed me. I missed his touch. So inviting and tender. We pulled away and looked at the clock.

12:34 am

"I only came for the night. I leave in the morning. Theres going to be so many questions from the press and papers." He groaned.

I pressed my finger over his lips. "Let me help your take your mind off things."

..

I collapsed on top of Paul, breathing heavily. He pulled the sheets over our bodies and ran his fingers through his hair.

"Fuckin hell ye haven't lost your touch." He laughed. I smiled and kissed his neck.

"Neither have you McCartney." I teased.

I was getting tired now as we cuddled and closed our eyes, until we heard cries from the next room. I sighed and was about to get up when Paul told me to stay.

I watched as he stood up and put his briefs on, headed to the next room. I giggled as he talked to James in a baby voice. A few minutes later, Paul walked in looking proud.

"What did he want?"

"Just a change." He shrugged. I looked at him and smiled.

"You have to be the only man in this world who will change a diaper at one in the morning." I laughed. He smiled and layed back.

"Yeah well, most men aren't Paul McCartney now are they?" He winked. I made a face and kissed his cheek.

"You cocky bastard."

He chuckled and closed my eyes with his fingers. "Let's get some sleep yeah? I think we can both use it."

I nodded. "I love you Paul."

"I love ye too Lucy."

..

I said goodbye to Paul at the airport and thanked him for coming over to check up on me. It was nice seeing him again. It feels like no matter where I am, I'm homesick.

I came into work a little late, my mind too busy to even communicate right. I spoke to Andrew and let him know what was going on and assured him I was alright. He made it known to everyone else I didn't want to be bothered too much.

The day went by quicker than I thought. The media all over what happened. So many questions about what was in the future for The Beatles. Were they in trouble? Would they even last any longer? I was a little upset at the fact Brian's death would be the subject of their lives for awhile. Unlike me, I could just move on.

I was calling it a day, grabbing my purse and my coat when Andrew lightly knocked on my door. I smiled and set a few papers away, handing him a finished article.

He smiled. "Always about work with you. Look I just came over to say, I'm sorry. I know he was your friend and..."

"It's alright Andrew. Thank you. The sooner I move on, the sooner the pain goes away."

"You're a strong woman Lucy. I like that about you."

I blushed and looked down. "I was just about to call it a day. I'll see you tomorrow yeah?"

I grabbed my keys and headed to the door. Stopping in front of him to kiss his cheek.

"You're a great friend Andrew."

"Is that all I am?" He asked.

I laughed and nodded. "I'm afraid so. I um, made a promise to stop sleeping with men who are already taken. It's really gotten me nowhere."

I ruffled his hair and turned on my heel. "Turn off the light in my office yeah?" I shouted, walking down the hall.

..

When I got home, I paid the sitter and ran to James's room, holding him in my arms. He looked up at me with his beautiful brown eyes. I smiled and kissed his cheek.

"One day, you'll meet your daddy. But for now, it's just you and me."

..