Chapter Three

Kuroko's POV

I thought that someone shimmering like Miyuki would be noticed by Kagami, or even the senpais, but it seems that her presence is even lower than mine. Perhaps it’s just an aura she's giving off. She seems protective - mysterious, in fact

There still a lot I don't know about her. Maybe these mysteries will unravel when the time comes.

"Kagami-kun, you'll get fat if you keep eating that much," Miyuki said with her soft and gentle voice but Kagami just shook it off like it was nothing. He just laughed at the thought.

"Speaking of which, why don't you join us for a game tomorrow?" Kagami asked Miyuki and I nodded, liking the idea. Kagami was always excited when he saw a strong opponent in someone. I guess that includes Miyuki now. As far as I know, even Aomine couldn't break metal by just doing a dunk.

"Can I?" Miyuki asked and Kagami and I nodded. She showed a small smile and Kagami did a fist pump in the air.

"Yosh! I can't wait for tomorrow!" he yelled and I smiled inwardly, also excited. I remember how strongly Miyuki tried to pay me back for the milkshake. I laughed in my head at how she decided to treat me as well. Now there are two things I look forward to for tomorrow. 

_____________________________________________________ 

Kagami's POV

Today is THE day! I woke up feeling great. The day passed by quickly and now, here I am, changing into my gym clothes for practice.

I asked couch earlier if Himeko could do a practice game with us and, I swear, her eyes twinkled. Then I passed by her a while ago and she was skipping. I sighed. I guess she's really excited as well.

"Kagami, are you alright?" I heard Hyuga-senpai ask behind me and I nodded with a huge smile on my face.

"Well, anyways," senpai started. "Good luck later. We'll be on the same team. The other first years will be teaming up with Hime."

Whoa, senpai is now calling her Hime too. I raised a brow.

"Doesn't that mean Himeko's team will only consist her, Fukuda, Furihata, and Kawahara?" I asked 'cue facepalm by senpai'

"I know. But it was Aida's orders. We'll be in for a surprise," he said then his eyes turned fierce and a scary aura surrounded him. "DON’T you screw this up!!" he yelled and I gulped.

Senpai can get really scary sometimes. I stepped out of the locker room with Kuroko by my side and the senpais behind me.

"Konnichiwa," Himeko greeted, walking into the gym clad in her usual loose gray and crimson striped sweater that slipped off one shoulder, a pair of really short shorts, and those really cool shoes that were the color black and red. Kinda like my shoes...kinda, but cooler.

The senpais and I watched as Himeko respectfully bowed to her team mates. I looked around but Kuroko wasn't in sight.

"Kuroko's changed lately," Hyuga-senpai said, pointing over to where Himeko was. I wasn't really surprise to see Kuroko there.

"What do you mean senpai?" I asked.

"Well for starters, he's been smiling more and his words are getting more confident." I nodded in agreement.

"Yosh, let's start minna!" coach yelled and we all fell in line in front of each other which was a bit weird since Himeko had only three more people in her group. We bowed and split up to either sides of the court.

Game on... 

_________________________________________________ 

Himeko's POV

"Ano...what's our strategy going to be?" one of my team mates said to me and the other nodded. "The senpais can be monsters when they're at their limit." I nodded, taking in the information.

"Yeah. Basically, they’re gonna see through our every movement. Plus their defense is solid. Kagami's jumps are deadly.”

"There's really no sugarcoating the fact that we're outnumbered, “I started. "But please just do your best and go with the flow. If possible just pass to no one." The two of them raised a brow.

"I meant just pass to a place where there is no one standing there. Do not pass to each other. But if you accidentally pass it near an opponent then it could be better. Risky bit better," I said and they slowly nodded.

"Shall we start?" Riko asked and we all nodded.

Perhaps today will be THE day that they will all understand... 

_____________________________________________________ 

Kagami's POV

All I need to do is win. I guess it's gonna be a bit hard to go against a girl but we outnumber them. Plus, Himeko is a girl! Damn this is kinda confusing.

Couch tossed the ball into the air and I jumped to catch it. The weird thing was that nobody was jumping along. The other team was standing guard. The ball was just a few milimeters away until it was pushed by some force...

It was pushed away by some force! What the hell is going on?!?! I landed on my feet and saw the ball flying to one of the opponents who caught it right on time. The two started running for our side of the court and passed to... an empty spot?! What the hell! Are these guys trying to lose or something? Way to wreck their score up. Kuroko and I were still running after the ball bit then Himeko suddenly appeared and did a powerful dunk.

"SHIMATA!" one of the senpais yelled as the other team was doing fist pumps.

"I can't see her..."

WHAT?! Crap, how can she NOT be seen by eagle eyes? That's impossible right? I mean the senpai’s skills were getting better than ever but...

"Kagami, please concentrate," Kuroko said, now beside me.

Trust me Kuroko, I wish I could but this game is deadly. 

__________________________________________________ 

Riko's POV

This is a game of hide and seek. Even I couldn't see Himeko. I wonder why and how... Her stats are out of the norm and she's greatly acknowledged by Kise. Now she's playing around eagle eyes like it was nothing but a game. A for of deception perhaps? I'll have to check again.

The boys were running around the court. The other team  passing to empty spots but they always make it through. Either that or it's passed back to them and they make great shots. Sometimes they pass it to one of my fourth years but they never catch it. The ball always goes straight through the hoop. Himeko has the boys dancing on the palm of her hand.

This is the devil's game..