Chapter Twenty Six

Kuroko's POV

"Are you sure you thought everything through?" Kagami asked me over and over again as we walked home.

I sighed and looked down. I nodded.

"Are you sure? You don't look sure."

"FOR THE LAST TIME, BAKAGAMI!" I yelled, starting to lose my temper. I sighed and my hands started shaking.

"Kuroko..." Kagami muttered and I sighed once more.

"I'm sorry, " I said.

"Listen," Kagami started. "I don't care if you keep shouting at me. I just want to know why you did it; why you broke up with her."

"I had to."

"Oh come on. You and I both know that there's more to it than that. Just tell me Kuroko."

I sighed. "I just had to, okay?" I looked down and continued walking home with Kagami on my tail.

"Speaking of which," Kagami said. I looked up and saw Miyuki leaving the house, a trolley with her. She already packed up.

"Himeko!" Kagami called after her. She looked our way and my heart shattered to pieces. Tears were streaming down her cheeks and her eyes looked red from all the crying. 

"Miyuki," I muttered. She looked away and ran off to who knows where.

"Where do you think she's going?" Kagami asked and I shrugged my shoulders.

"I don't know."

“Do you think maybe she’ll go back to that bastard?” he asked once again and I took in deep breaths.

“She’s has to.”

“W-wait, what do you mean she has to?” I looked down and shook my head.

“It’s nothing.”

Kagami dropped me off at my house and left. I looked around and sighed. The place felt empty and incomplete without Miyuki-chan. I slid down the wall and hugged my knees. As much as it hurts my manly pride…

I cried.

Kagami’s POV

I walked back home and thought to myself for a while. Why in the world would Kuroko break things off with Himeko? She’s done nothing to him! And she wouldn’t have a reason to do anything anyways. I so my house and apparently, there was someone by the door.

It was Himeko.

“Oi,” I said as I approached her. She was crying as she looked at me.

“Etou, can I stay here for the night?” she asked. “I have nowhere else to stay.” I smiled at her.

“Sure,” I said. I grabbed her bag and ushered her in. “It isn’t exactly neat but go ahead and feel at home.”

She sat on the couch and hugged her knees. She stayed silent. I sat beside her and sighed.

“Wanna talk about it?” I asked and she shook her head. I really must be stupid, why would she wanna talk about after she just got dumped by the guy she thought she loved?

Dammit I hate these girl problems.

She sighed and leaned on my shoulder, looking absolutely melancholic. I wrapped my arm around her as she sobbed onto my chest. She was shaking and just seriously out of it.

“Did I do something wrong?” she asked. “Did I hurt him?”

“No,” I said, trying my best to calm her down. “I don’t really know what’s going on either but I’m sure this will all get better.” She started calming down a bit and sighed.