Chapter Eighteen

Himeko's POV

"You have some explaining to do," I said as Kuroko and I sat down on the booth. My brother just sighed.

"I missed you too, sis."

I stayed silent. I could tell he got agitated by this.

"Oh come on, not even a hug whatsoever?!"

"I'll give you one once you explain to me what's going on." I knew he knew that I was talking about how he called Kise first and not me. 

"Good to see your friend too," he said, acknowledging Kuroko. Now that's something I couldn't let go so I just waited for my brother's answer. He sighed and gave up.

"Look, I meant to call you first, sis. I couldn't though. You know how dad controls my phone. I asked and mom told me he blocked your number. I didn't know if you changed your number or anything of the sort so I called Kise to pass on the message."

"Seems logical enough." He sighed.

"Look, mom told me everything," he said and my heart dropped as he smiled. "I honestly wish I was as strong as you."

"Wait... what?"

"I couldn't do that, ever. To stand up to father, heh, I never thought anyone could ever do that. I guess you proved me wrong." I looked down, feeling a bit guilty yet pleased to hear what he said. My brother was proud of me for something I never thought I would be.

"Look, as much as I want to join your little rebellion, mom won't budge. I talked to her and she wouldn't let go of her 'bond' with the old man. I'm gonna stay behind at the house and take of her," he said and I nodded.

"Please tell her I'm sorry for suddenly blowing up before." He nodded and smiled.

"Now can I get my hug?" he asked and I rolled my eyes as I stood up from my seat, giving him a hug. Afterwards, I sat once again and explained the rest of the story.
_____________________________________________________________________________
Kuroko's POV

"Oi," Miyuki's brother called out to me as I was sipping on a vanilla shake. "Thanks for taking care of my lil sis," he said with a smile. "I hope our family stuff isn't troubling you or anything."

"Not at all."

"That's good to hear."

"I'm right here, you know," Miyuki said and I chuckled. 

"I still can't believe you're going up against dad in his own turf. Shouldn't you be... I dunno, scared? The man is going to destroy you! Limb from limb! You know.. In terms of business."

"I just want to prove myself, that's all. Besides, I feel kind of guilty leaving everything to Kuroko. I just wanted to ease things up a bit with this. Besides, I can't let one of the top companies of Japan to just fail because of a family conflict." Miyuki's brother chuckled.

"You're supporting this?" he asked me.

"As much as I don't want Miyuki to get stressed out, it’s good to see her so motivated and inspired after everything that has happened." He smiled at me.

"You're a good kid," he said, but then he turned serious. "But if you hurt my lil sis, you're dead to me."

"Not a chance." He smiled at me once more. 

"Well, at least I know you're in good hands," he said to Miyuki who smiled at me. I smiled back and she sort of... blushed?

Her brother chuckled. "There's more to it then?" he asked and we both shook our heads. He chuckled once more. We went on talking about life and stuff until it got late and Miyuki and I headed home. 
_____________________________________________________________________________

Himeko's POV

That was the weirdest conversation I ever had with my brother. But then again, I should have expected everything to change after what went down between me and my dad. 

When Kuroko and I got home, we just did our homework, made some hot chocolate, and watched television.

"Talking to your brother kind of made me nervous back there," Kuroko told me and I tilted my head. "Why so?" I asked.

"Well, the thing he said about me being dead to him kind of shook me."

"Well, knowing you, I'm sure you'll stay alive," I said, looking down. I could see him smile at me though. Suddenly, I felt something in my stomach, and I tell you, it's not hunger. Butterflies. Yes. Butterflies were flying around in my stomach.

"Are you alright?" Kuroko asked me and I looked up, nodding my head. He chuckled. "Well, it's getting pretty late, we should probably get some sleep, and we still have school tomorrow." I nodded and we cleaned up and headed straight to the bedroom.

I laid there, staring at the ceiling. I don't know how long though.

"Miyuki-chan?" Kuroko muttered. I looked at him and noticed he was still awake. "Can't sleep?" he asked me and I chuckled. "It's not that."

"Then what is it?"

I sighed. "I suppose it's because everything seems so surreal now. I never thought I would get this far without my father having to make my decisions for me."

"It's called independence, Miyuki-chan." I smiled to myself and shifted in place, trying to get a comfortable position. Once I did, Kuroko tucked me in deeper into the blankets and we both drifted to sleep.
_____________________________________________________________________________

Aomine's POV

The morning came and I grunted as I noticed that I woke up late. I didn't have any plans to go to school on time anyways. Well, I went ahead anyways. Once school was over, I headed over to a nearby restaurant and saw three familiar faces.
_____________________________________________________________________________

Kagami's POV

"Oi, it's him," I muttered as I saw a dark blue-haired jerk enter the restaurant. I was with Himeko and Kuroko, taking some time off. Exams were starting soon and we were planning on studying back at Kuroko's place but then we took a little trip first.

"Ussu, Himeko," Aomine smirked as he approached our table.

"Ah, konnichiwa, Aomine-kun," Himeko said with a kind and innocent smile. "Would you like to sit with us?"

"Eh, I don't think your companions would prefer if I didn't."

"It's fine," Kuroko said. Then the two looked at me. I sighed.

"Fine with me," I gave up. Himeko scooted over to give some Aomine some space to sit on the booth. The two of them sat beside each other while I sat beside Kuroko.

"What brings you here?" Kuroko asked Aomine. "Just chilling I guess. What about you three?"

"Exams," I muttered and he chuckled. "I hate those."

"Now there's something we agree on."
_____________________________________________________________________________

I'm sorry if this is a bit too short and seems like a filler. I've been having a mental block recently and have

Whaddya think so far? Tell me on the comments down below!

And speaking of comments, don’t forget, you get the chance to vote for what story I should write next. That’s at the end of The Seventh right here on Wattpad!!!!

I hope you enjoyed this chapter as much as I enjoyed writing it! Comment your thoughts, smack dat vote button, and keep on keepin’ on!

-Pikaroo