Chapter Nine

Himeko's POV

The night I got home, I was greeted by a lecture.

"Are you forgetting that your chauffeur works for me?" father said and I looked down at the floor. "How dare you even try to lie to me? Have you forgotten about your priorities?! Have you forgotten about everything I've taught you?! What gave you the urge to suddenly disrespect me?!"

"I meant no disrespect, father," I said. "I simply took a little break and I knew you would not allow me to so I kept it secret."

"Keeping secrets is already a form of disrespect!"

I flinched as father's piercing tone boomed through his office. 

"Is this what you grew up to become? Easily influenced by those... those... UNEDUCATED TEENAGERS?!"

"FATHER!" I yelled in a demanding voice, taking my father by surprise.

"You don't know who they are, you have no right to call them uneducated. How dare YOU judge other people, especially people who actually give me a sense of family - something you could never give me!" I told him. I guess it all ends here. 

"You dare to even talk back! I've given you plenty!"

"No father, you've given me nothing but despair and pressure! I can't do every single thing you say! I have my own life! You can’t control me like some puppet!”

My father sighed, massaging his temples. Then he looked at dead straight into my eyes.

"Then I suppose you must look for your own house as well."

"What are you saying, father?"

"I'm saying you no longer have the right to call me your father, and I to call you my daughter. I disown you." My eyes went wide and my heart dropped to the floor. I couldn't believe what my father was saying. I just couldn't believe it.

"Watch what you are saying!" my mother suddenly yelled, barging into the room. I bet she was eavesdropping. "That is your daughter you're talking to!"

"Watch what you are saying as well, woman!" 

Tears started welling up in my eyes. I still couldn't accept what my father just said.

"You're just tired," mother told him but it only resulted to a fight between the two of them. I couldn't take it anymore.

"Fine," was all I said and I walked out of my father's office. I went straight to my 'room' and stuffed my things into two trolleys. I took out a few boxes from my 'room' basement and stuffed my other things into them. I sighed, wiping the tears the kept streaming down my cheeks. Then there was a knock on the door.

"Himeko," I heard my mother's voice say. I sighed and sniffed.

"Go away," I said and resumed packing. "Please let me in," she insisted and I opened the door. I sat on my bed as my mother looked at the bags and boxes on the floor.

"I'm sorry I couldn't do anything, my dear," she said to me, pulling me in for a hug. "Where will you stay?" she asked. "If you need help, I'm here. Come to me anytime. I know it will be hard to sort things out with your father but do know that you have my full support."

I nodded and sniffed. 

"I'll figure something out."

I knew that even my mom could never escape the clutches of my father. He's a covetous man and will do anything to prove that he's a rich bastard. He's even mold his own family into a business. 

But my mother loves him.

__________________________________________________________________

Kuroko's POV