십육• Eventful night

Chapter 16

" I felt vulnerable and helpless."

Y/N's POV

When the other three people had arrived at the barbeque restaurant, we exchanged introductions and had ordered our dishes and most importantly, different types of meat.

Once everyone were done giving their orders to the waitress, the atmosphere was lively due to the catching up conversations they had with one another.

Whereas on the furthest left side of the long table, the seats Jungkook and I were at, became awkward. I thought it was weird to have a casual meal with someone I worked for and considering him as my sister's friend? It was out of the blue.

Hence, I drew an invisible line between us and avoided to ever look at his way, despite the urge to look at his outstanding features I saw earlier and the way his face sculptures represents of a prince-

"Guys," Someone from the middle part of the table, beside Jungkook, whose name was Minsung, suddenly captured everyone's attention with his mischievous aura, "Shall we play a drinking game?"

Omg yes!

That's what I like AHHAHAHA.

Let's play!

It seems that everyone was thrilled by the sudden game request, including me, who was trying to adjust in the group.

Realising that I've yet to hear a response from the man in front of me, I fixed my head towards my sister and tried to catch a glimpse of him secretly as I averted my eye sight to my left slowly.

When I pretended to face towards my sister to have a short view of him, I accidentally met him in his dark brown eyes which made me skipped a heartbeat and it caused my nerves to jolt my knees upwards, hitting the wooden table.

How was he already looking directly at my eyes? Did he notice how I acted? Or could he somehow been staring at- HAHAH NONONOWAY.

"Y/N?" Mina called for my conscience to return back as she nudged me on my arm using her elbow.

"What are you doing?! Quickly get up, you spilled water on your clothes ahhhh seriously.." She irked from my clumsiness and took out a thick napkin from her bag and started to pat on my skirt and white tee.

"Ahh... how could I not realise that.." I looked down towards my feet, feeling sorry as I got up from my seat to head to the bathroom, "I'll just go to the washroom." I excused myself and continued to look down on the floor as my cheeks blushed from embarrassment.

Why the hell am I ruining this day? I'm sorry Mina, I'm really sorry for my clumsiness. God, why was Jungkook even looking at my direction at the first place. Blame him, not me...

As the heels of my ankle boots tapped on the floor, adding to the ambiance of the restaurant, my gut was telling me that someone else's footsteps were mimicking mine.

Another part of me however, was ignoring my instincts and focused on trying to dry my white tee.

Instead of heading to the washroom, I thought it would be a good idea to compose myself by the beach. I changed my direction of feet and took quicker steps to the back door.

Wait. I'm wearing heels, it's not a good idea to go in the sand.

Stopping on my tracks, I went to the porch outside the restaurant, which was still calming enough for me to enjoy the sound and aesthetics of crashing waves of the sea.